We’re Hiring a Bookkeeper!
A member of our awesome finance department is stepping out temporarily to bring a bundle of joy into the world, so we are looking for the right person to provide outstanding financial recordkeeping and reporting while she’s away. If you think that might be you, read on!
Our Bookkeeper is responsible for several regular accounting functions in the Finance Department such as recording financial transactions, completing reconciliations, and assisting other staff. The focus of the role will be on day to day recordkeeping.
Reporting to the Finance Director, and working on a team of 3-4 people, this position has the following essential responsibilities:
– Recordkeeping and reporting for day-to-day transactions and assigned accounting cycle functions (e.g. spending reports, coding invoices, sales and vendor transactions, etc.)
– Weekly/monthly/quarterly reconciliations in QuickBooks as assigned
– Administrative accounting tasks such as filing and records management
– Preparing invoices and cheques, and engaging with customers and vendors to ensure accounts are accurate and up-to-date
– Reviewing trial balances, financial statements, and assisting with other year-end functions
– Assisting with regular GST returns
NAITSA, as a non-profit organization, provides services, representation and leadership to students enrolled in credit and apprenticeship programs in one of Canada’s largest polytechnic institutions. Our Finance Department is committed to serving students by ensuring the association’s finances and assets are protected, transparent, and responsibly managed to allow for the delivery of excellent programs and services. Maybe you’re the person who can help us achieve that?
If you’re interested in being a part of this team, there are several key skills and attributes you should make sure you review below before you apply:
– Post-secondary diploma or degree in accounting
– Minimum of two (2) years of experience in an accounting role
– Experience using QuickBooks, QuickBooks Online, or other similar accounting software
– Experience using Microsoft Office software, with a high level of proficiency using Excel
– Personal and professional references
To be considered for the role, candidates must demonstrate they possess the following skills:
– A clear understanding of bookkeeping processes and accounting principles
– A willingness to work effectively and efficiently, both independently and in a team environment
– An aptitude for identifying and solving problems
– A propensity for organization, accuracy, and attention to detail
– A positive attitude, and a mindset for personal and professional growth
– Outstanding oral and written communication skills
– Familiarity with nonprofit finance and governance would be an asset
The Bookkeeper role is a full-time contract position for a minimum of 12 months, with a possible 6 month extension. NAITSA offers excellent compensation and benefits. The salary range for this position is $3,651 to $4,127 per month, commensurate with skill and experience. NAITSA offers medical/dental/vision coverage, life and long-term disability, a company matching RRSP program, various wellness benefits and an attractive vacation package. Please be aware that occasional exposure to very friendly dogs is likely in the NAITSA office.
This posting opened on June 27, 2018, and will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. If you are interested in this opportunity please apply by completing this online application, and uploading PDF versions of your resume and cover letter addressed to Chris Chelmick, Executive Director.
You can expect a confirmation email once we have received your application. While we appreciate all applications for employment, only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted further.
We look forward to seeing your application!