What is the Campus Activities Board?
Every year, the NAIT Students’ Association (a.k.a. NAITSA) hires a team of students to help plan and promote a variety of events and initiatives. Known as the Campus Activities Board, this team includes 14 students and 5 supervisors who work together to create hundreds of kick-ass events, volunteer opportunities, and club activities for NAIT students each year.
Ask any Campus Activities Board alum and they will say that this experience was the highlight of their time at NAIT. The friendships formed are long-lasting, every shift brings a lot of laughter, and members get the opportunity to enhance campus life at NAIT.
If you’re interested in being a part of this amazing group next year, there are four key areas where you will need to focus your attention:
- Visionary thinking – Help NAITSA set its direction for events in the upcoming year.
- Providing feedback – Tell NAITSA what you think about everything we do, and what you think we should do.
- Collecting data – Mingle with the student body and listen to what they have to say – what do they do for fun, what do they expect from NAITSA, and how do they like to communicate with us – and report back to the team.
- Support the team – Work together! The Campus Activities Board is only successful if every member brings their A-game. We’re looking for team players to spread positive energy and support the team.
In addition to these four areas, there are also six different positions within the Campus Activities Board: Clubs, Clubs Marketing, Digital Media, Events, Promotions, and Volunteer. Each position has different roles and responsibilities, but everyone will work together as a team to contribute to their goals.
There are two (2) Clubs Coordinator positions available for the 2021-2022 NAIT academic year.
The Campus Activities Board – Clubs Coordinators act as the point of contact for club leaders looking for peer support and assistance. The coordinator will be responsible for fostering a positive relationship between Campus Clubs and the Students’ Association. They will assist with delivering campus clubs programming (ie. Club at the Pub, Club Socials, etc.) and manage events via ookslife.ca
The Clubs Coordinator is integral to providing students with a well-rounded campus life experience. This role has two key functions:
Networking & Relationship Building
- Foster a positive relationship between NAITSA and club leaders
- Provide peer support through Talk-a-Latte (chat over a coffee) in event planning, grant proposals, conflict management, etc.
- Encourage the creation of new clubs on campus through recruiting at NAITSA “How To” events.
- Act as the point of contact for clubs that want to host a “Club at the Pub Night.”
- Increase awareness for clubs on campus
- Host hallway promotions to build awareness around clubs on campus
- Plan and host new initiatives (ie. workshops) to enhance clubs programming on campus
Event Planning & Assistance
- Coordinate “Club at the Pub Nights” to increase club awareness/social activity and patronage of the Nest (or a similar virtual experience).
- Plan and coordinate club socials as a space to allow club leaders to network in an informal setting
- Lead other Campus Activities Board members who are assisting with the event
- Provide support for other Campus Activities Board subcommittee initiatives and the Campus Clubs leadership training
- Enrolled as a NAIT student in good standing for the 2021-2022 academic year
- Friendly, outgoing self-starter with the ability to engage students
- Excellent time management skills
- Knowledge of club policies and procedures is an asset
- Microsoft Office and Google Doc proficient
- Must be able to lift and move up to 25lbs
This is a part-time term position from March 2021 through April 2022. Hours of work vary each month. There are limited summer hours, with the majority of this job’s responsibilities occurring during the academic year.
Closing Date: The posting for the 2021-2022 Campus Activities Board Clubs Coordinator position will be open until 8:00 a.m. on Monday, January 25, 2021.
NAITSA appreciates all applications for employment, but only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted. Please note, if you want to be considered for other Campus Activities Board roles, you must submit an application for each position.