What is Campus Activities Board?
The NAIT Students’ Association operates a Campus Activities Board (a.k.a. CAB.) It’s a team of 14 students and 5 supervisors that work together to provide students at NAIT with over 140 kick-ass events each year.
If you’re interested in being a part of this amazing group next year, there are four key areas where you will need to focus your attention:
- Visionary thinking – Help NAITSA set its direction for events in the upcoming year.
- Providing feedback – Tell NAITSA what you think about everything we do, and what you think we should do.
- Collecting data – Check students into events and mingle with the student body and listen to what they have to say – what do they do for fun, what do they expect from NAITSA, and how do they like to communicate with us – and report back to the team.
- Support the team – Work together! Campus Activities Board is only successful if every member brings their “A-game”, their best energy and support to the team. Be there to lend a hand when someone needs help and they will return the favour.
Ask any Campus Activities Board alum and they will say that this was the highlight of their NAIT experience. The friendships formed are long-lasting, every shift brings a lot of laughter, and members get to apply skills they have learned in the classroom to enhance campus life at NAIT.
There are two (2) Clubs Coordinator positions available for the 2020-2021 NAIT academic year.
The Campus Activities Board – Clubs Coordinators act as the point of contact for club leaders looking for peer support and assistance. The coordinator will be responsible for fostering a positive relationship between Campus Clubs and the Students’ Association. They will assist with delivering campus clubs programming (ie. at Club at the Pub, Club Socials, etc.) and manage events via Ooks Life Engage (formally called OrgSync).
The Clubs Coordinator is integral to providing students with a well-rounded campus life experience. This role has two key functions:
Networking & Relationship Building
- Foster a positive relationship between NAITSA and club leaders
- Provide peer support through Talk-a-Latte (chat over a coffee) in event planning, grant proposals, conflict management, etc.
- Encourage the creation of new clubs on campus through recruiting at NAITSA “How To” events.
- Act as the point of contact for clubs that want to host a “Club at the Pub Night.”
- Increase awareness for clubs on campus
- Host hallway promotions to build awareness around clubs on campus
- Plan and host new initiatives (ie. workshops) to enhance clubs programming on campus
Event Planning & Assistance
- Coordinate “Club at the Pub Nights” to increase awareness and patronage of the Nest Taphouse Grill
- Plan and coordinate club socials as a space to allow club leaders to network in a informal setting
- Lead other Campus Activities Board members who are assisting with the event
- Provide support for other Campus Activities Board subcommittee initiatives and the Campus Clubs Fall & Winter leadership training
- Enrolled as a NAIT student in good standing for the 2020-2021 year
- Friendly, outgoing self-starter with the ability to engage students
- Excellent time management skills
- Knowledge of club policies and procedures is an asset
- Experience with OrgSync would be an asset
- Microsoft Office and Google-doc proficient
- Must be able to lift and move up to 25lbs
- Must be able to attend the “Think Tank Retreat” from May 4-7, 2020 (Nordegg, AB, accommodations, food & transport provided)
The postings for the 2020-2021 Campus Activities Board will be open until 8am on Monday, February 3rd, 2020. NAITSA appreciates all applications for employment to the Students’ Association but only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted. Note that if you want to be considered for other Campus Activities Board roles, you must submit an application for each position. Hours of work vary each month.