What is Campus Activities Board?
The NAIT Students’ Association operates a Campus Activities Board. It’s a team of 14 students and 5 supervisors that work together to provide students at NAIT with over 140 kick-ass events each year.
If you’re interested in being a part of this amazing group next year, there are four key areas where you will need to focus your attention:
- Visionary thinking – Help NAITSA set its direction for events in the upcoming year.
- Providing feedback – Tell NAITSA what you think about everything we do, and what you think we should do.
- Collecting data – Mingle with the student body and listen to what they have to say – what do they do for fun, what do they expect from NAITSA, and how do they like to communicate with us – and report back to the team.
- Support the team – Work together! The Campus Activities Board is only successful if every member brings their “A-game”, their best energy and support to the team. Be there to lend a hand when someone needs help and they will return the favour.
Ask any Campus Activities Board alum and they will say that their Campus Activities Board experience was the highlight of their NAIT experience. The friendships formed are long-lasting, every shift brings a lot of laughter, and members get to apply skills they have learned in the classroom to enhance campus life at NAIT.
There is one (1) Digital Media Coordinator position currently available for the 2020-2021 NAIT academic year.
The role of the Campus Activities Board – Digital Media Coordinator is to curate content for the Ooks Life brand (including NAITSA events and Campus Clubs initiatives) to the NAIT community. The coordinator will be responsible to produce the digital assets (images and video) to be used in Ooks Life social media and web content.
The Campus Activities Board – Digital Media Coordinator is a key player in helping to communicate projects and initiatives under the Ooks Life brand to the NAIT community.
- Create and edit videos to highlight and promote events
- Create training videos for students to use the club administration software
- Create an archive of raw video footage for future use
- Capture footage at / during events to use in promotional videos
- Capture enticing photos to promote upcoming events
- Take photos during events for NAITSA’s social media channels and archives
- Maintain the sandwich boards around campus that promote upcoming events (freehand drawing)
- Create graphics for social media and web content
- Enrolled as a NAIT student in good academic standing for the entire 2020-2021 academic year
- Friendly, outgoing self-starter with the ability to engage partners and students
- Creative and out-of-the-box thinker
- Excellent written communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Google-doc, Photoshop, Illustrator and video editing software
- Applicants must be available to attend the “Think Tank Retreat” from May 4th -7th 2020 (out of town, accommodations, food & transportation provided)
- Must be able to lift and move up to 25lbs
The posting for the 2020-2021 Campus Activities Board Promotions Coordinator will be open until 8am on Monday Feb 3, 2020. NAITSA appreciates all applications for employment to the Students’ Association but only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted. Hours of work vary each month.