What is the Campus Activities Board?
Every year, the NAIT Students’ Association (a.k.a. NAITSA) hires a team of students to help plan and promote a variety of events and initiatives. Known as the Campus Activities Board, this team includes 14 students and 5 supervisors who work together to create hundreds of kick-ass events, volunteer opportunities, and club activities for NAIT students each year.
Ask any Campus Activities Board alum and they will say that this experience was the highlight of their time at NAIT. The friendships formed are long-lasting, every shift brings a lot of laughter, and members get the opportunity to enhance campus life at NAIT.
If you’re interested in being a part of this amazing group next year, there are four key areas where you will need to focus your attention:
- Visionary thinking – Help NAITSA set its direction for events in the upcoming year.
- Providing feedback – Tell NAITSA what you think about everything we do, and what you think we should do.
- Collecting data – Mingle with the student body and listen to what they have to say – what do they do for fun, what do they expect from NAITSA, and how do they like to communicate with us – and report back to the team.
- Support the team – Work together! The Campus Activities Board is only successful if every member brings their A-game. We’re looking for team players to spread positive energy and support the team.
In addition to these four areas, there are also six different positions within the Campus Activities Board: Clubs, Clubs Marketing, Digital Media, Events, Promotions, and Volunteer. Each position has different roles and responsibilities, but everyone will work together as a team to contribute to their goals.
There are (5) Events Coordinator positions currently available for the 2021-2022 NAIT academic year.
The role of the Campus Activities Board – Events Coordinators are the masterminds behind many of the awesome events you see at The Nest and around campus. Campus Activities Board Events Coordinators brainstorm, plan, and implement events, as well as conduct post-event analyses.
Campus Activities Board Events Coordinators are integral to providing students with a well-rounded campus life experience. This role has two key functions:
Networking & Relationship Building
- Increase awareness of current campus events by promotion to the student body
- Foster relationships with students who attend our events, help them engage with other students and encourage them to participate again
- Work as a team to ensure our events programming will reach many different demographics of the NAIT student population
- Encourage students to sign up and use the tools available the ookslife.ca platform to stay connected and informed about upcoming events
Event Planning, Coordination and Implementation
- Work as a team to brainstorm all possible event ideas that would be fun to offer to students on campus, and/or virtually, to enhance their campus experience
- Communicate with all event stakeholders while planning, implementing, and evaluating events
- Create event charters that capture all event details for your events that include logistics, budgets, timelines, contacts, promotion ideas, risk assessments, etc.
- Complete post-event analysis in order to help future event coordinators improve the event if it is repeated
- Gather feedback to consistently improve our events and get ideas for future events from participants
- Enrolled as a NAIT student in good academic standing for the entire 2021-2022 academic year
- Friendly, outgoing self-starter with the ability to engage partners and students
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Microsoft Office and G-Suite proficient
- Confident with public speaking and using a microphone
- Must be able to lift and move up to 25lbs
This is a part-time term position from March 2021 through April 2022. Hours of work vary each month. There are limited summer hours, with the majority of this job’s responsibilities occurring during the academic year.
Closing Date: The posting for the 2021-2022 Campus Activities Board Events Coordinator positions will be open until 8:00 a.m. on Monday, January 25, 2021.
NAITSA appreciates all applications for employment, but only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted. Please note, if you want to be considered for other Campus Activities Board roles, you must submit an application for each position.