What is CAB?
The NAIT Students’ Association operates a Campus Activities Board (a.k.a. CAB.) It’s a team of 13 students and 5 supervisors that work together to provide students at NAIT with over 140 kick-ass events each year.
If you’re interested in being a part of this amazing group next year, there are four key areas where you will need to focus your attention:
- Visionary thinking – Help NAITSA set its direction for events in the upcoming year.
- Providing feedback – Tell NAITSA what you think about everything we do, and what you think we should do.
- Collecting data – Mingle with the student body and listen to what they have to say – what do they do for fun, what do they expect from NAITSA, and how do they like to communicate with us – and report back to the team.
- Support the team – Work together! CAB is only successful if every member brings their “A-game”, their best energy and support to the team. Be there to lend a hand when someone needs help and they will return the favour.
Ask any CAB alum and they will say that their CAB experience was the highlight of their year. The friendships formed are long-lasting, every shift brings a lot of laughter, and members get to apply skills they have learned in the classroom to enhance campus life at NAIT.There are five (5) Events Coordinator positions available for the 2019-2020 NAIT academic year.
The Campus Activities Board – Events Coordinators are the masterminds behind many of the awesome events you see at The Nest Taphouse Grill and around campus. CAB Event Coordinators brainstorm, plan, and implement events, as well as conduct post-event analyses.
CAB Events Coordinators are integral to providing students with a well-rounded campus life experience. This role has two key functions:
Networking & Relationship Building
- Increase awareness of current campus events by promotion to the student body
- Foster relationships with students who attend our events, help them engage with other students and encourage them to participate again
- Work as a team to ensure our events programming will reach many different demographics of the NAIT student population
- Encourage students to sign up and use the tools available on OrgSync to stay connected and informed about upcoming events
Event Planning & Coordination
- Work as a team to brainstorm all possible event ideas that would be fun to offer students on campus to enhance their campus experience
- Communicate with all event stakeholders while planning, implementing, and evaluating events
- Create event charters that capture all event details for your events that include logistics, timelines, contacts, promotion ideas, etc.
- Complete post-event analysis in order to help future event coordinators grow the event
- Gather feedback to consistently improve our events and get ideas for future events from participants
- Enrolled as a NAIT student in good academic standing for the entire 2019-2020 academic year
- Friendly, outgoing self-starter with the ability to engage partners and students
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Microsoft Office and Google-doc proficient.
APPLY NOW by clicking the button below! The postings for the 2019-2020 Campus Activities Board will be open until midnight on Monday, February 4th, 2019. NAITSA appreciates all applications for employment to the Students’ Association but only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted. Note that if you want to be considered for other CAB roles, you must submit an application for each position. Hours of work vary each month.