What is Campus Activities Board?
The NAIT Students’ Association operates a Campus Activities Board. It’s a team of 14 students and 5 supervisors that work together to provide students at NAIT with over 140 kick-ass events each year.
If you’re interested in being a part of this amazing group next year, there are four key areas where you will need to focus your attention:
- Visionary thinking – Help NAITSA set its direction for events in the upcoming year.
- Providing feedback – Tell NAITSA what you think about everything we do, and what you think we should do.
- Collecting data – Mingle with the student body and listen to what they have to say – what do they do for fun, what do they expect from NAITSA, and how do they like to communicate with us – and report back to the team.
- Support the team – Work together! CAB is only successful if every member brings their “A-game”, their best energy and support to the team. Be there to lend a hand when someone needs help and they will return the favour.
Ask any Campus Activities Board alum and they will say that this experience was the highlight of their time at NAIT. The friendships formed are long-lasting, every shift brings a lot of laughter, and members get to apply skills they have learned in the classroom to enhance campus life at NAIT.
There is are (3) Promotions Coordinator positions currently available for the 2020-2021 NAIT academic year.
The role of the Campus Activities Board – Promotions Coordinator is to promote the Ooks Life brand as well as NAITSA events to the NAIT community. They will create promotion plans to better engage students. It is also their responsibility to coordinate, facilitate and execute their assigned promotion plans.
The Campus Activities Board- Promotions Coordinator is integral to providing students with a diverse campus life experience. This role has two key functions:
- Brainstorm a variety of different promotion tactics to better engage students at NAIT
- Create a promotion plan which includes a budget, scheduling of staff and locations, and logistics
- Lead the execution of the promotions you create. The Promotions Coordinator will help keep staff on track and consistent with the message they want to convey to students
- Create post-analyses of the different strength and weaknesses of promotions
Engage with Students
- Interact with NAIT students to inform them about upcoming events
- Host a variety of engaging promotions including hallway pop-ups and street teams
- Foster relationships with students and encourage them to participate in events
- Enrolled as a NAIT student in good academic standing for the entire 2020-2021 academic year
- Friendly, outgoing self-starter with the ability to take initiative
- Able to engage students and persuade students to get involved in campus life
- Creative and out-of-the-box thinker
- Excellent written communication skills
- Microsoft Office and Google-doc proficient
- Must be able to lift and move up to 25lbs
- Applicants must be available for the Think Tank Retreat from May 4th -7th 2020 (out of town, accommodation, food and travel costs will be covered)
The posting for the 2020-2021 Campus Activities Board Promotions Coordinator will be open until 8am on Monday, Feb 3, 2020. NAITSA appreciates all applications for employment to the Students’ Association but only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted. Note that if you want to be considered for other Campus Activities Board roles, you must submit an application for each position you are wanting to be considered for.