What is CAB?
The NAIT Students’ Association operates a Campus Activities Board (a.k.a. CAB.) It’s a team of 13 students and 5 supervisors that work together to provide students at NAIT with over 140 kick-ass events each year.
If you’re interested in being a part of this amazing group next year, there are four key areas where you will need to focus your attention:
- Visionary thinking – Help NAITSA set its direction for events in the upcoming year.
- Providing feedback – Tell NAITSA what you think about everything we do, and what you think we should do.
- Collecting data – Mingle with the student body and listen to what they have to say – what do they do for fun, what do they expect from NAITSA, and how do they like to communicate with us – and report back to the team.
- Support the team – Work together! CAB is only successful if every member brings their “A-game”, their best energy and support to the team. Be there to lend a hand when someone needs help and they will return the favour.
Ask any CAB alum and they will say that their CAB experience was the highlight of their year. The friendships formed are long-lasting, every shift brings a lot of laughter, and members get to apply skills they have learned in the classroom to enhance campus life at NAIT.
There are two (2) Promotions Coordinator positions available for the 2019-2020 NAIT academic year.
The role of the Campus Activities Board – Promotions Coordinator is to promote the Ooks Life brand as well as NAITSA events to the NAIT community. They will create promotion plans to better engage students. It is also their responsibility to coordinate, facilitate and execute the promotion plans they create.
CAB Promotions Coordinators are integral to providing students with a diverse campus life experience. This role has two key functions:
- Brainstorm a variety of different promotion tactics to better engage students at NAIT
- Create a promotion plan which includes a budget, scheduling of staff and locations, and logistics
- Lead the execution of the promotions you create. The Promotions Coordinator will help keep staff on track and consistent with the message they want to convey to students
- Create post-analyses of the different strength and weaknesses of promotions
- Act as the point of contact for partners via phone, email and in-person
Engage with Students
- Interact with NAIT students to inform them about upcoming events
- Host a variety of engaging promotions including hallway pop-ups and street teams
- Foster relationships with students and encourage them to participate in events
- Enrolled as a NAIT student in good academic standing for the entire 2019-2020 academic year
- Friendly, outgoing self-starter with the ability to engage partners and students
- Creative and out-of-the-box thinker
- Excellent written communication skills
- Microsoft Office and Google-doc proficient
APPLY NOW by clicking the button below! The postings for the 2019-2020 Campus Activities Board will be open until midnight on Monday, February 4th, 2019. NAITSA appreciates all applications for employment to the Students’ Association but only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted. Note that if you want to be considered for other CAB roles, you must submit an application for each position. Hours of work vary each month.