What is the Campus Activities Board?
Every year, the NAIT Students’ Association (a.k.a. NAITSA) hires a team of students to help plan and promote a variety of events and initiatives. Known as the Campus Activities Board, this team includes 14 students and 5 supervisors who work together to create hundreds of kick-ass events, volunteer opportunities, and club activities for NAIT students each year.
Ask any Campus Activities Board alum and they will say that this experience was the highlight of their time at NAIT. The friendships formed are long-lasting, every shift brings a lot of laughter, and members get the opportunity to enhance campus life at NAIT.
If you’re interested in being a part of this amazing group next year, there are four key areas where you will need to focus your attention:
- Visionary thinking – Help NAITSA set its direction for events in the upcoming year.
- Providing feedback – Tell NAITSA what you think about everything we do, and what you think we should do.
- Collecting data – Mingle with the student body and listen to what they have to say – what do they do for fun, what do they expect from NAITSA, and how do they like to communicate with us – and report back to the team.
- Support the team – Work together! The Campus Activities Board is only successful if every member brings their A-game. We’re looking for team players to spread positive energy and support the team.
In addition to these four areas, there are also six different positions within the Campus Activities Board: Clubs, Clubs Marketing, Digital Media, Events, Promotions, and Volunteer. Each position has different roles and responsibilities, but everyone will work together as a team to contribute to their goals.
There are (3) Promotions Coordinator positions currently available for the 2021-2022 NAIT academic year.
The role of the Campus Activities Board – Promotions Coordinator is to promote the Ooks Life brand and NAITSA events to the NAIT community. They will create promotion plans to engage with students, encourage event participation, and grow the Ooks Life social media accounts’ followers. It is also the Promotions team’s responsibility to coordinate, facilitate and execute their assigned promotion plans.
The Promotions Coordinators are integral to providing students with a diverse campus life experience. This role has two key functions:
Connect with the rest of the Campus Activities Board to support their projects and initiatives.
- Brainstorm a variety of different promotion tactics to better engage students at NAIT and raise awareness surrounding events and activities.
- Create a promotion plan which includes a budget, scheduling of staff and locations, and logistics
- Lead the execution of the promotions created. The Promotions Coordinator will help keep staff on track and consistent with the message they want to convey to students
- Create post analyses of the different strength and weaknesses of promotions
Engage with Students
- Interact with NAIT students to inform them about upcoming events (both virtual and in-person) and the Ooks Life brand (including promoting @ookslife on social media, as well as ookslife.ca).
- Host a variety of engaging promotions, including hallway pop-ups, street teams, and digital media such as TikTok.
- Foster relationships with students and encourage them to participate in events
- Enrolled as a NAIT student in good academic standing for the entire 2021-2022 academic year
- Friendly, outgoing self-starter with the ability to take initiative
- Able to engage students and persuade students to get involved in campus life
- Creative and out-of-the-box thinker
- Excellent written communication skills
- Microsoft Office and Google Doc proficient
- Must be able to lift and move up to 25lbs
This is a part-time term position from March 2021 through April 2022. Hours of work vary each month. There are limited summer hours, with the majority of this job’s responsibilities occurring during the academic year.
Closing Date: The posting for the 2021-2022 Campus Activities Board Promotions Coordinator positions will be open until 8:00 a.m. on Monday, January 25, 2021.
NAITSA appreciates all applications for employment, but only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted. Please note, if you want to be considered for other Campus Activities Board roles, you must submit an application for each position.