A Campus Ambassador is a student volunteer who is a representative of NAIT. Campus Ambassadors lead campus tours and participate in events such as Program Previews, Open House, and New Student Orientation. Ambassadors work together to learn about NAIT and ensure that everyone they interact with has a positive experience.
Campus Ambassadors are a critical part of the Student Recruitment and Events team and we work hard to create a rewarding, valuable experience for all volunteers.
Campus Ambassadors will:
– Gain experience to help improve their resume
– Receive a personal reference letter for scholarships and/or employment opportunities
– Receive recognition on their transcript for program participation
– Develop their public speaking and leadership skills
– Meet new people and make a positive difference in the NAIT community
– Be part of a dynamic, student-focused team
– Have the opportunity to attend personal and professional development sessions
Campus Ambassadors are expected to:
– Volunteer for a minimum of 10 hours per semester (training sessions included)
– Complete two training sessions, attend team meetings, and regularly check email for updates
– Meet with the Campus Visits Coordinator for a 1:1 meeting once per semester
– Participate in an end of semester reflection assessing their experience as a Campus Ambassador
– Basic knowledge of NAIT campus and willingness to learn about NAIT in more depth
– Ability to speak strongly of their own program and experiences at NAIT
– Interpersonal skills – the ability to interact well with others
– Willingness to develop public speaking skills
– Ability to communicate in a clear, concise manner and adapt communications as necessary
How to apply:
If you’re interested in becoming a Campus Ambassador, please complete the Campus Ambasasdor application form and submit it via email to email@example.com. The deadline for applications is Friday, September 15 at 11:59 p.m.
Note: Resumes and cover letters are not required as part of your application.