What is the Campus Activities Board?
Every year, the NAIT Students’ Association (a.k.a. NAITSA) hires a team of students to help plan and promote a variety of events and initiatives. Known as the Campus Activities Board, this team includes 14 students and 5 supervisors who work together to create hundreds of kick-ass events, volunteer opportunities, and club activities for NAIT students each year.
Ask any Campus Activities Board alum and they will say that this experience was the highlight of their time at NAIT. The friendships formed are long-lasting, every shift brings a lot of laughter, and members get the opportunity to enhance campus life at NAIT.
If you’re interested in being a part of this amazing group next year, there are four key areas where you will need to focus your attention:
- Visionary thinking – Help NAITSA set its direction for events in the upcoming year.
- Providing feedback – Tell NAITSA what you think about everything we do, and what you think we should do.
- Collecting data – Mingle with the student body and listen to what they have to say – what do they do for fun, what do they expect from NAITSA, and how do they like to communicate with us – and report back to the team.
- Support the team – Work together! The Campus Activities Board is only successful if every member brings their “A-game”. We’re looking for team players to spread positive energy and support the team.
In addition to these four areas, there are also six different positions within the Campus Activities Board: Clubs, Clubs Marketing, Digital Media, Events, Promotions, and Volunteer. Each position has different roles and responsibilities, but everyone will work together as a team to contribute to their goals.
There is one (1) Clubs Marketing Coordinator position available for the 2021-2022 NAIT academic year.
The role of the Campus Activities Board – Clubs Marketing Coordinator is to be available as a mentor to club leaders who are looking for assistance in creating marketing plans for their club activities. They will work with club leaders to design promotional materials, develop marketing strategies and help raise awareness of clubs on campus.
The Campus Activities Board – Clubs Marketing Coordinator is integral to providing students with a well-rounded campus life experience. This role has two key functions:
Club Marketing & Relationship Building
- Review social media strategies and manage a content calendar for the Campus Clubs Instagram account
- Increase awareness for clubs and club activities on campus
- Gather the assets needed to create the content for our social media account
- Capture club activity through photos and video for promotional purposes
- Schedule posts and interact with commenters as needed
- Promote a positive relationship between NAITSA and club leaders
- Work with clubs by offering marketing support for club-led initiatives
- Use Canva or a similar program to create posters for club events
- Act as the point of contact for clubs that want assistance with marketing their events
- Schedule meetings to collaborate with clubs on their marketing plans
- Plan and host club workshops and social media initiatives
- Provide support for other Campus Activities Board subcommittee initiatives and the Campus Clubs leadership training
Marketing Assistance for Campus Activities Board
- Provide support to the Campus Activities Board Promotions Coordinators and Club Coordinators with implementing promotions
- Assist with marketing developments for the Campus Activities Board
- Brainstorm out-of-the-box ideas to engage and communicate with students
- Enrolled as a NAIT student in good academic standing for the entire 2021-2022 academic year
- Knowledge of marketing plan development
- Proficient and knowledgeable in Instagram account management
- Friendly, outgoing, self-starter with the ability to engage partners and students
- Excellent time management skills
- Creative and out-of-the-box thinker
- Excellent written communication skills
- Microsoft Office and Google Workspace proficient
- Experience with images/poster creation using online programs
- Experience with graphic design principles and software is an asset
- Must be able to lift and move up to 25 lbs
This is a part-time term position until the end of April 2022. Hours of work vary each month. There are limited summer hours, with the majority of this job’s responsibilities occurring during the academic year.
The posting for the 2021-2022 Campus Activities Board Clubs Marketing Coordinator position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
NAITSA appreciates all applications for employment, but only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted. Please note, if you want to be considered for other Campus Activities Board roles, you must submit an application for each position.