One of our amazing staff members is temporarily stepping away to bring a bundle of joy into the world, so we are looking for the right person to provide vital administrative support to our club leadership experience while she’s away. If you have experience and skill in providing excellent customer support and working collaboratively with others in a fast-paced environment, read on!
Reporting to the Clubs Centre Manager, this position has the following overall responsibilities:
– Support in review and approval of club events, coaching leaders on aspects of event planning
– Collaborate with NAIT Stakeholders for club resources
– Administrate operations such as club banking and GIVER program
– Sit on club-related committees
– Oversee special projects (Club Showcases, Club Socials, Handbook Review, Assessments) and participation as key stakeholder in Club Leadership Training
– Assist in mentoring and training of Club Initiator Clerks (student part-time staff)
– Assist in training student leaders about administrative processes
NAITSA is a non-profit organization providing services, representation and leadership to students enrolled in credit and apprenticeship programs in one of Canada’s largest polytechnic institutions. The Campus Clubs Centre provides leadership development through guidance and support of the Clubs Program, assisting students in accessing available resources while mentoring them through administrative processes. Maybe you’re the person who can help us achieve that?
Qualifications / Required Skills / Considerations
The Clubs Support Specialist is a key role in our operation. If you’re interested in being a part of this team, there are several key skills and attributes you should make sure you review below before you apply:
– Education: Post-secondary diploma in Business Administration or a related field
– Strong computer literacy and Microsoft Office proficient
– Administrative background in a member-based association or post-secondary unit
– Comfortable working in fast paced environment
– Ability to effectively and efficiently manage several projects simultaneously
– Willingness to take direction and work in a collaborative environment as well as work independently
– Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
– Strong organization skills and excellent attention to detail
– Knowledge in exceptional customer service experience
– Quick learner with the desire to take initiative
– Eager to mentor, communicate, and engage effectively with students
– Passionate about providing quality customer support
– Personable, outgoing, and comfortable with public speaking
– Experienced and accurate in financial administration and handling cash
– Excited about creatively contributing ideas in a team environment
– Comfortable working in a dog-friendly environment
– A working knowledge of the OrgSync platform would be beneficial
– Knowledge of NAITSA/NAIT would be an asset
The Clubs Support Specialist is a temporary full-time position starting June 18, 2018. The successful candidate should be aware that this position is being filled to cover a maternity leave.
NAITSA offers excellent compensation and benefits. The salary range for this position is $3,750.00 to $4,166.66 per month, commensurate with skill and experience. NAITSA offers medical/dental/vision coverage, life and long-term disability, company matching RRSP, various wellness benefits and an attractive vacation package. Please be aware that occasional exposure to very friendly dogs is likely in the NAITSA office.
This posting opened Monday, April 30, 2018 and will remain open until we hire the perfect candidate, so please don’t wait too long.
If you are interested in this opportunity please apply by completing the online application, including uploading PDF versions of your resume and cover letter addressed to Rose Martin Baumgartner, Campus Clubs Manager.
You can expect a confirmation email once we have received your application. While we appreciate all applications for employment, only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted further.
We look forward to seeing your application!