Summer Student position, Communications Assistant
1200, 10011 109 Street
Edmonton, Alberta T5J 3S8
Term: Four Months
We’re looking for a summer student to join our team in the role of Communications Assistant. Ideally, this will be someone who can create buzz that will that help us tell stories, spread ideas, and capture the interest of current and future students and alumni. The Communications Assistant will work as part of the Communications and Community Relations team.
• Video production and editing capabilities
• Developing and contributing creative ways to feature students, alumni, and faculty
• Curating and writing content for various mediums; blog, website, social media
• Various print, video, and social media projects
• Website auditing and editing
• Generating and contributing diverse ideas in a team environment
• Working knowledge of the Adobe suite of products an asset, specifically; InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
• Assist at various events generally taking place in the evening
• Ability to travel
• Ability to assist with creation and scheduling of various social media
• Other duties as required
Compensation and time
This is a full-time paid position with rate of pay linked to years of post-secondary education ranging from $16 to $20 per hour. Ideally, this position will start in early May and will conclude at the end of August.
Normal hours of work are from 8:30 to 4:30, Monday to Friday. There is a possibility of work requirements outside of these hours for special event support, particularly during the University’s Convocation in June.
Send resume, cover letter, and two writing samples to Angie Zander, Communications and Community Relations at: email@example.com