What is the Campus Activities Board?
Every year, the NAIT Students’ Association (a.k.a. NAITSA) hires a team of students to help plan and promote a variety of events and initiatives. Known as the Campus Activities Board, this team includes 14 students and 5 supervisors who work together to create hundreds of kick-ass events, volunteer opportunities, and club activities for NAIT students each year.
Ask any Campus Activities Board alum and they will say that this experience was the highlight of their time at NAIT. The friendships formed are long-lasting, every shift brings a lot of laughter, and members get the opportunity to enhance campus life at NAIT.
If you’re interested in being a part of this amazing group next year, there are four key areas where you will need to focus your attention:
- Visionary thinking – Help NAITSA set its direction for events in the upcoming year.
- Providing feedback – Tell NAITSA what you think about everything we do, and what you think we should do.
- Collecting data – Mingle with the student body and listen to what they have to say – what do they do for fun, what do they expect from NAITSA, and how do they like to communicate with us – and report back to the team.
- Support the team – Work together! The Campus Activities Board is only successful if every member brings their A-game. We’re looking for team players to spread positive energy and support the team.
In addition to these four areas, there are also six different positions within the Campus Activities Board: Clubs, Clubs Marketing, Digital Media, Events, Promotions, and Volunteer. Each position has different roles and responsibilities, but everyone will work together as a team to contribute to their goals.
There is one (1) Digital Media Coordinator position currently available for the 2022-2023 NAIT academic year.
The role of the Campus Activities Board – Digital Media Coordinator is to curate content for the Ooks Life brand (including NAITSA events and Campus Clubs initiatives) to the NAIT community. The coordinator will be responsible to produce the digital assets (images and video) to be used in Ooks Life social media and web content.
The Campus Activities Board – Digital Media Coordinator is a key player in creating captivating content to help promote events and initiatives under the Ooks Life brand to the NAIT community.
- Capture footage during events and create an archive of video footage for future use
- Create exciting videos to promote upcoming initiatives
- Create training videos for students to use the club administration software
- Take photos during events for future promotional use
- Capture content for the @ookslife social media accounts
- Create digital graphics for social media and web content
- Maintain the sandwich boards around campus to promote upcoming events (must be comfortable with freehand drawing)
- Assist the @ookslife social media account manager with live updates during events (Instagram stories, tweets, etc).
- Enrolled as a NAIT student in good academic standing for the 2022-2023 academic year (candidates must be enrolled until at least April 2023 to be considered)
- Attention to detail – must have basic design skills and an eye for aesthetics
- Friendly, outgoing self-starter with the ability to engage partners and students
- Creative and out-of-the-box thinker
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Google Workspace, Adobe Suite, and video editing software
- Must be able to lift and move up to 25lbs
- Must have a computer with camera and microphone for virtual meetings, training, and working remotely
- Vaccination policy in effect. All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination status, or have an approved accommodation. Successful candidates will be required to comply with the Vaccination Policy as a condition of hire.
This is a part-time term position from March 2022 through April 2023. Hours of work vary each month.
Closing Date: The posting for the 2022-2023 Campus Activities Board Digital Media Coordinator will be open until a suitable candidate is found.
NAITSA appreciates all applications for employment, but only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted. Please note, if you want to be considered for other Campus Activities Board roles, you must submit an application for each position. For general employment inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org