- This event has passed.
How to: Cook Ukrainian Food
January 18 @ 4:00 pm - 5:15 pm
During the course of the cooking, our instructors will be sharing with you some fun facts about Ukraine, including traditions, the regions, and the community. If you have anything you would like to share about this too, we would love to hear it. We hope to see you there!
Interested in the event? Below are some commonly asked questions!
How it works:
- Registration is free through Ookslife.ca
- Get your required groceries.
- Log on to Zoom just before 4pm on January 18th
- Get cookin’!
After you complete the event and you’ve been marked as attended, you will receive a $20 Walmart gift card to reimburse you for the cost of your ingredients. Please note that you must attend and participate in the entire event in order to get reimbursed.
What supplies do I need?
You will need:
- A computer or mobile device to follow along on Zoom
- Basic kitchen supplies, such as a cutting board, knives, a large pot, utensils, etc.
- Ingredients for the soup (a grocery list will be sent out closer to the event date)
I don’t live in Edmonton, can I still participate?
Yes you can! Just grab your groceries and hop on Zoom for the event.
I have allergies. Can I participate?
We tried our best to select a meal that will work with substitutions. If you have allergies, we’d recommend buying the products that you know are easily substituted and that you’re comfortable working with. If you are uncertain, you can reach out to our events team firstname.lastname@example.org for any allergy-related questions.