What is the Campus Activities Board?
Every year, the NAIT Students’ Association (a.k.a. NAITSA) hires a team of students to help plan and promote a variety of events and initiatives. Known as the Campus Activities Board, this team includes 14 students and 5 supervisors who work together to create hundreds of kick-ass events, volunteer opportunities, and club activities for NAIT students each year.
Ask any Campus Activities Board alum and they will say that this experience was the highlight of their time at NAIT. The friendships formed are long-lasting, every shift brings a lot of laughter, and members get the opportunity to enhance campus life at NAIT.
If you’re interested in being a part of this amazing group next year, there are four key areas where you will need to focus your attention:
- Visionary thinking – Help NAITSA set its direction for events in the upcoming year.
- Providing feedback – Tell NAITSA what you think about everything we do, and what you think we should do.
- Collecting data – Mingle with the student body and listen to what they have to say – what do they do for fun, what do they expect from NAITSA, and how do they like to communicate with us – and report back to the team.
- Support the team – Work together! The Campus Activities Board is only successful if every member brings their A-game. We’re looking for team players to spread positive energy and support the team.
In addition to these four areas, there are also six different positions within the Campus Activities Board: Clubs, Clubs Marketing, Digital Media, Events, Promotions, and Volunteer. Each position has different roles and responsibilities, but everyone will work together as a team to contribute to their goals.
There is (1) Events Esports Coordinator position currently available for the 2022-2023 NAIT academic year.
The Campus Activities Board – Events Esports Coordinator is part of the Campus Activities Board Events team, the masterminds behind many of the awesome events you see at The Nest and around campus. Events Esports Coordinators brainstorm, plan, and implement events, as well as conduct post-event analyses, with a focus on Esports events.
Campus Activities Board Events Esports Coordinators are integral to providing students with a well-rounded campus life experience. This role has two key functions:
Networking & Relationship Building
- Increase awareness of current campus events by promoting to the student body
- Foster relationships with students who attend our events, help them engage with other students and encourage them to participate again
- Work as a team to ensure our events programming will reach many different demographics of the NAIT student population
- Encourage students to sign up and use the tools available the ookslife.ca platform to stay connected and informed about upcoming events
Event Planning, Coordination and Implementation
- Work as a team to brainstorm all possible event ideas that would be fun to offer to students on campus, and/or virtually, to enhance their campus experience
- Communicate with all event stakeholders while planning, implementing, and evaluating events
- Create event charters that capture all event details for your events that include logistics, budgets, timelines, contacts, promotion ideas, risk assessments, etc.
- Complete post-event analysis in order to help future event coordinators improve the event if it is repeated
- Gather feedback to consistently improve our events and get ideas for future events from participants
- Enrolled as a NAIT student in good academic standing for the 2022-2023 academic year (candidates must be enrolled until at least April 2023 to be considered)
- Passion and experience within Esports and Streaming
- Experience with PS4 and Switch consoles, with the ability to troubleshoot IT issues
- Proficient with Esport platforms such as Butterfly or other similar platforms
- Familiar with Esport rules and regulations
- Friendly, outgoing self-starter with the ability to engage partners and students
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Microsoft Office and Google Workspace proficient
- Confident with public speaking and using a microphone
- Must be able to lift and move up to 25lbs
- Must have a computer with camera and microphone for virtual meetings, training, and working remotely
- Vaccination Policy in effect. All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination status, or have an approved accommodation. Successful candidates will be required to comply with the Vaccination Policy as a condition of hire.
This is a part-time term position from March 2022 through April 2023. Hours of work vary each month. There are limited summer hours, with the majority of this job’s responsibilities occurring during the academic year.
Closing Date: The posting for the 2022-2023 Campus Activities Board Events Esport Coordinator position will be open until a suitable candidate is found.
NAITSA appreciates all applications for employment, but only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted. Please note, if you want to be considered for other Campus Activities Board roles, you must submit an application for each position.