NAITSA Fees - 2019/2020
Changes to NAITSA fees
In Fall 2014 semester, NAIT unveiled a New Academic Model that offered flexibility and a holistic environment across campus. Under the new model, all students enrolled in credit programming will receive NAITSA benefits and services; fees will be assessed based on course credits and delivery method.
We now assess our fees per credit:
- A full time student (taking 9 credits or more) will be assessed $129.00 per semester
- A part time student (taking less than 9 credits) will be assessed $14.50 per credit
- Online and distance courses will be assessed $3.60 per credit.
U-Pass and Health & Dental Benefits
The NAIT Students’ Association offers two mandatory programs to all students. An extended Health & Dental program and Universal Transit Pass (U-PASS) that offers students access to transit in Edmonton, Strathcona County, St. Albert, Fort Saskatchewan, Leduc, and Spruce Grove.
- U-Pass (per fall and winter semester) is $175
- Health Plan fee: $118 per academic year and is charged in two payments of $59.00 per fall and winter semester
- Dental Plan fee: $138 per academic year and is charged in two payments of $69.00 per fall and winter semester
- Health & Dental Benefits fee: $256 per academic year and is charged in two payments of $128.00 per fall and winter semester
- U-Pass and Health & Dental Benefits are not offered to students enrolled in Spring or Summer classes.
Part time students will now be assessed our Health & Dental and U-PASS programs.
Where are your student fees going?
2018-2019 Student – Approved Budget
|ANTICIPATED REVENUE ($)||APPROVED EXPENSES ($)||NET
|Meetings, development and training||-||74,200||(74,200)|
|Governance and awards||5,000||73,810||(68,810)|
|Conferences and affiliations||-||114,855||(114,855)|
|Food and beverage operations||810,311||830,369||(20,058)|
|Campus life activities||8,400||543,875||(535,475)|
*Includes student fees.
Student Fee Structure
|Per semester max||$129.00|
|Per credit (on campus courses)||$14.50|
|Per credit (online/distance courses)||$3.60|
|U-Pass (per fall/winter semester)||$175.00|
|Health and dental (per fall/winter semester)||$128.00|
|Shared space fund||$0|
|Student health and dental fund*||$111,824|
|Operating reserve fund||($622,741)|