Changes to NAITSA fees
In Fall 2014 semester, NAIT unveiled a New Academic Model that offered flexibility and a holistic environment across campus. Under the new model, all students enrolled in credit programming will receive NAITSA benefits and services; fees will be assessed based on course credits and delivery method.
We now assess our fees per credit:
- A full time student (taking 9 credits or more) will be assessed $126.00 per semester
- A part time student (taking less than 9 credits) will be assessed $14 per credit Example: If you are enrolled in two 3 credit courses in class you would pay 6 credits x $13.70 = $82.20
- Online and distance courses will be assessed $3.50 per credit. Example: If you are enrolled in a 3 credit course online you would pay 3 credits x $3.33 = $9.99
U-Pass and Health & Dental Benefits
The NAIT Students’ Association offers two mandatory programs to all students. An extended Health & Dental program and Universal Transit Pass (U-PASS) that offers students access to transit in Edmonton, Strathcona County, St. Albert, Fort Saskatchewan, Leduc, and Spruce Grove.
- U-Pass (per fall and winter semester) is $170
- Health Plan fee: $126 per academic year and is charged in two payments of $63.00 per fall and winter semester
- Dental Plan fee: $138 per academic year and is charged in two payments of $69.00 per fall and winter semester
- U-Pass and Health & Dental Benefits are not offered to students enrolled in Spring or Summer classes.
Part time students will now be assessed our Health & Dental and U-PASS programs.
Health & Dental coverage opt out
If you have existing Health & Dental coverage you can opt out in E-131 or online by:
- September 28, 2018 @ 4:00pm for Fall 2018 intake
- January 25, 2019 @ 4:00pm for Winter 2019 intake
Where are your student fees going?
2018-2019 Student – Approved Budget
|ANTICIPATED REVENUE ($)||APPROVED EXPENSES ($)||NET
|Meetings, development and training||-||78,275||(78,275)|
|Governance and awards||5,000||77,960||(72,960)|
|Conferences and affiliations||-||104,125||(104,125)|
|Food and beverage operations||787,724||846,205||(58,481)|
|Campus life activities||-||516,223||(516,223)|
*Includes student fees.
Student Fee Structure
|Per semester max||$126.00|
|Per credit (on campus courses)||$14.00|
|Per credit (online/distance courses)||$3.50|
|U-Pass (per fall/winter semester)||$170.00|
|Health and dental (per fall/winter semester)||$132.00|
|Shared space fund||$67,585|
|Student health and dental fund*||($4,484)|
|Operating reserve fund||($137,383)|