The Fundraising and Events Representative will ensure the regional hub supports Breast Cancer Canada’s two national events, the Mother’s Day Walk and Dress for the Cause, and oversee the hub’s year-round fundraising efforts. Responsibilities of this role include the planning and implementation of events and fundraising initiatives, securing local sponsorships, and building relationships with local business partners. The Fundraising and Events Representative will also help identify new volunteers in their communities and establish a relevant voluntary support network to help with the fulfillment of Breast Cancer Canada’s regional work. This role typically requires 2-4 hours of time commitment per month, possibly more during the months of May and October. It also requires a 2-year commitment unless otherwise approved by BCC Senior Leadership.
– Plan, implement and support local events and fundraising initatives.
– Work with regional businesses and cancer centers in the coordination of events.
– Raise the regional profile of Breast Cancer Canada by securing local sponsorships and partnerships.
– Help in the recruitment of volunteers for events.
– A post-secondary degree or the equivalent combination of education and work experience.
– Previous experience with Breast Cancer Canada or other not-for-profit organizations is an asset.
– Demonstrated experience in non-profit fundraising is an asset.
– A demonstrated ability in event planning, coordination, and implementation is required.
– Previous experience in program planning and development is an asset.
– Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
– Experience in volunteer recruitment and management.
For more information, visit https://breastcancerprogress.ca/