We’re Hiring a Graphic Design Specialist!
The NAIT Students’ Association (NAITSA) is looking for a talented, dynamic and motivated individual to join our passionate and energetic team. If you have experience and skill in advanced digital and print graphic design, and you would like to work in a fabulous environment with incredible opportunity to be creative, read on.
The position of Graphic Design Specialist will develop compelling integrated print & web campaigns from concept to completion, consisting of identity, brochure, promotional, advertising and environmental design. The specific goals and responsibilities assigned to this position are subject to change, but shall be based on the overall responsibilities listed below. The Graphic Design Specialist shall discuss these regularly with his/her direct report to establish clarity in the role and to ensure he/she is meeting the most current needs of the organization.
Reporting to the Communications Director, this position has the following overall responsibilities:
- Plan, design, and create press-ready materials that effectively communicate ideas/information based on different themes or departments
- Develop layouts and production design for print and digital collateral including emails, signage, web assets, web banners, social media, handbooks, print advertisements and logo branded items
- Manage the flow of organizational advertising to external publishers
- Help establish and apply the NAIT Students’ Association brand standards across all marketing materials
- Manage the planning and distribution of all organizational marketing and promotion material through available channels
- Work with various internal staff to develop marketing/promotional strategies to meet their goals
- Operate and maintain the large format printer
- Maintain, organize and update archives of projects on group servers
NAITSA, as a non-profit organization, provides services, representation and leadership to students enrolled in credit and apprenticeship programs in one of Canada’s largest polytechnic institutions. Our Communications Department is the hub at the centre of everything we do, so students count on us to keep them informed. Maybe you’re the person who can help us achieve that?
Qualifications / Required Skills / Considerations
If you’re interested in being a part of this team, there are several key skills and attributes you should make sure you review below before you apply:
- Education: Post-secondary diploma or degree in a graphic communication or related field
- Experience: We would prefer at least 3 years of experience in a design environment (i.e. A successful candidate will ‘wow’ us with a portfolio and we will be able to determine qualifications through acceptable references)
- Extremely proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, inDesign) and other computer-assisted design software
- Comfortable working in a very fast-paced environment under tight deadlines
- Ability to effectively and efficiently manage several projects simulaneously
- Willingness to take design direction and work in a collaborative environment
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong organization skills and excellent attention to detail
- Working knowledge of print production processes
- Photographic and video editing skills would be an asset
- A working knowledge of project management would be beneficial
The Graphic Design Specialist is a full-time permanent position. NAITSA offers excellent compensation and benefits. The salary range for this position is $3,333.33 to $4,333.33 per month, commensurate with skill and experience. NAITSA offers medical/dental/vision coverage, life and long-term disability, company matching RRSP, various wellness benefits and an attractive vacation package. Please be aware that occasional exposure to very friendly dogs is likely in the NAITSA office.
This posting opened Monday, February 12th, and will remain open until we hire the perfect candidate, so please don’t wait too long. If you are interested in this opportunity please apply by completing the online application below, and uploading PDF versions of your resume and cover letter addressed to Jenny Lau, Communications Director.
You can expect a confirmation email once we have received your application. While we appreciate all applications for employment, only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted further.
We look forward to seeing your application!