MARCH 16, 2020 6:00 PM
The NAIT Students’ Association is doing everything possible to limit the chance of person-to-person transmission of COVID-19. While we are still working hard behind the scenes, we want students to know that until further notice we are closing our main office in O108. The Nest Taphouse Grill has also suspended operations.
We are following current guidelines set forth by Alberta Health Services (AHS) and the Public Health Authority of Canada (PHAC) and monitoring updates as they happen. Our student leaders are staying in contact with officials from NAIT and Alberta Advanced Education.
NAITSA has implemented our business continuity plan. Many of our services are still operational but are being delivered alternatively where possible (more information below.)
We want to assure our members we will continue to provide updates regularly on our website and social media, and NAITSA staff will make every effort to continue to answer all emails and telephone messages throughout this closure. Please use the following contact information related to your area of interest:
General NAITSA inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Academic Grievances and Concerns
If you have any academic grievances or concerns please contact email@example.com
The Service Hub will continue to serve students as follows:
- For Peer Support – In-person Peer Support services will be closed until further notice. If this is an emergency please call 911 or go to your nearest emergency department. For a list of resources please visit https://naitsa.ca/student-resources/. For questions or concerns please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- For Health & Dental – email@example.com
- For U-Pass – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Food Centre (food hampers) – email@example.com
We are suspending the Executive Council by-election for President indefinitely. We will revisit plans to hold a by-election once students are no longer limited from being on campus. If you have questions please contact Leeanne Mills at firstname.lastname@example.org
Nugget Student Media
The Nugget newspaper will continue to operate online. Please check their website and social media for regular updates.
Campus Clubs will continue to serve student club leaders through an online presence. Stay tuned for messages through the OrgSync platform. (https://orgsync.com/85725/news_posts/344115). There has been a special email created (email@example.com) that will reach all the Campus Clubs staff. Be sure to place a keyword (events, finance, etc.) in the subject line to facilitate efficient follow up. All equipment bookings are suspended until further notice.
Effective March 16, 2020 all NAITSA campus events have been cancelled through April. Students who have paid to participate in our events can expect to have a refund processed within 10 business days. Any additional questions or concerns can be directed to our events team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NAITSA Executive Council
As mentioned before, our student leaders are staying in contact with officials from NAIT and Alberta Advanced Education. However, our purpose has always been to listen to and serve the needs of students, so please reach out to us so that we can continue to work on behalf of our community.
Here are our Executive Council contact info:
Karen Velasco | President email@example.com
Alexis Sieben | VP Student Services firstname.lastname@example.org
Aleksandra Jaruga | VP External email@example.com
Emi Oke | VP Academic firstname.lastname@example.org
MARCH 13, 2020 4:00 PM
As you are well aware, COVID-19 is having a serious impact on how the world currently operates. As we strategize moving forward in an environment with COVID-19 concerns on campus, our primary objective is to keep all of our students as safe as possible. With that in mind, it is important to keep our membership up to date with what we are doing.
How do we determine what events will go on?
For both club and NAITSA events, our event list for the remaining academic year is going to be in a state of flux and uncertainty. Our leadership team will meet regularly to determine the schedule for upcoming events that NAITSA is planning to host. NAITSA events with risk of financial loss will be analyzed based on the date where cancellations cannot be made without NAITSA incurring a financial penalty.
Currently, if NAITSA or club events meet the following criteria, they will be cancelled:
- Events where public touching / sharing of a communal item is the purpose of the event (i.e. puppy yoga, e-sports)
- Events where food is open and exposed to the public (i.e. buffet-style or self-service food not individually packaged)
- Events targeted to include 250 people or more
- Events in which necessary sanitization supplies are not available to staff and attendees
- Events where participants would be required to stand/sit within the recommended social distancing (6ft) for more than 5 minutes (grab & go events are okay, a yoga class with mats next to one another would not be okay)
As of today, NAITSA events that have been cancelled include:
- Axe the Rage – March 16
- Treat Yourself Tuesday – March 17
- Puppy Yoga- March 18
- Cupcake Decorating – March 19
- Games night in The Nest- March 19
- Ball Hockey Tournament – March 27
- Monster Freestyle- April 3
- Inflatables Party – April 8
Students that have paid a registration fee to participate in a cancelled event can expect a full refund within the next 10 business days. If you have any questions about events you were planning to attend please contact Rechelle Eklund, NAITSA Events Manager: email@example.com.
For any events that will proceed, NAITSA will take the following precautionary measures while interacting with the public:
- Surfaces will be wiped every 15 minutes with disinfectant – event staff will be maintaining a cleaning log
- Hand sanitizer will be made available for participants and staff at all times during the event
- If handling food, tongs and/or gloves will be used
- Staff will change disposable rubber gloves and wash their hands every 15 minutes
- Staff will stand behind a table when possible to help maintain social distancing of at least 6 feet from other people
- Staff will not make personal contact (touching) with anyone
- People with cold/flu-like symptoms will not be allowed to attend
What about Campus Club events?
Clubs have been encouraged to postpone or cancel their events. Our Campus Clubs Centre is working closely with clubs to help mitigate loss and assist in making alternate arrangements. Some events are going to be cancelled. Club events will follow the procedures listed above to ensure the events are as safe as possible for participants. Any club leaders needing assistance in changing their event plans can contact Jasmine Khanam: firstname.lastname@example.org
Staffing our events:
If any persons scheduled to work an event do not want to work their shifts because they want to limit their exposure, they can let their supervisor know and alternate arrangements can be made for the foreseeable future.
All additional questions or concerns about NAITSA’s campus life activities can be directed to Jennifer Sieben, Campus Life Director at email@example.com or 780-491-1320.
MARCH 11, 2020 6:00 PM
NAITSA would like to address the current climate of health and safety regarding the COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) outbreak. Understandably, the spread of COVID-19 has raised concerns about our upcoming activities and events at NAITSA.
The health, safety and well-being of our community is our top priority and we understand the significance of this situation, while also recognizing the importance of your time and involvement here on campus. NAITSA is closely monitoring the situation and will keep you informed if anything changes with our upcoming activities and events. The most current information from the Government of Canada, Alberta Health Services and local and national public health authorities are being frequently monitored and heeded.
As Alberta Health Services states, regular hand washing for 20 seconds and personal hygiene best practices will help to minimize the spread. Anyone who has questions about their health or is experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 should contact Health Link Alberta (811 or 1-866-408-5465). We will continue to monitor the situation closely and will update and inform our staff and students as needed, based on the most up-to-date information from reputable sources.