We’re Hiring a Multimedia Design Specialist!
The NAIT Students’ Association (NAITSA) is seeking a Multimedia Design Specialist (Video & Photo) on a full-time, temporary basis to work alongside our team of amazing employees! This is a great opportunity to express creative freedom while learning about collaborative teamwork and communicating with various stakeholders and clients.
In this exciting and diverse position, you will have the opportunity to work alongside graphic designers, social media specialists, event planners, web experts and students, all while building your multimedia design portfolio. The successful candidate is someone who is skilled at keeping up with current trends and adapting in the fast-paced digital world. This role is perfect for a creative individual who is looking to use their visual talents to effectively communicate and engage an audience through various multimedia assets.
The primary focus of this role will be on creating and editing videos, and some photography. We are seeking candidates with prior work experience developing various multimedia assets, specifically video, and the ideal candidate is experienced with video editing and video software. Photography experience is considered an asset.
What is NAITSA?
NAITSA is a non-profit organization providing services, representation and leadership to students enrolled in credit and apprenticeship programs in one of Canada’s largest polytechnic institutions, the Northern Alberta Institute of Technology (NAIT). NAITSA’s services are student-driven and aimed at improving all areas of students’ lives, from keeping students informed and entertained, to making sure they stay happy, healthy, and well-fed without breaking their budget.
The Multimedia Design Specialist is a key player in helping to communicate services, projects and initiatives under the NAITSA brand and sub-brands to the NAIT community. Reporting to the Communications Director, the Multimedia Design Specialist will be primarily responsible for producing and editing video content that will be used across our social media platforms and websites. The content curated by the Multimedia Design Specialist will effectively communicate our organization’s values to our members (the students), inform about our services, promote various events and Ooks Life initiatives, communicate important information to students, and engage and create a two-way dialogue with our audience.
The main responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders to identify video solutions that achieve desired outcomes
- Position and edit video footage into sequence and input music, dialogue, graphics, effects, etc.
- Manage livestream videos on social media channels from setup to broadcast
- Film, create graphics and assets for video production (i.e. live film, animations, transitions, etc.)
- Refine audio through sound mixing, scoring or other post-production work
- Review content for accuracy and maintain video archives
- Review, evaluate, edit and cut footage ensuring the final product effectively communicates information and achieves objectives
- Upload and export videos to appropriate settings required for platform output
- Create an archive of raw video footage for future use
- Create video content to promote and increase awareness of the NAITSA brand and sub-brands including Ooks Life, The NAIT Nugget, and Nest Eatery
- Develop various digital assets (images and video) to be used in the Campus Life department’s social media and web content under the Ooks Life brand, including promotion of NAITSA events and Campus Clubs initiatives
- Maintain brand integrity and tone and adhere to brand guidelines in the production of all multimedia assets
- Education: Post-secondary certificate, diploma or degree, preferably in a related field, or working towards completion. Equivalent work experience may be considered, but experience participating in a post-secondary environment is a huge asset to working within it
- Experience: Related work experience developing multimedia (visual) assets, specifically including video editing experience
- Experience in videography/photography is considered an asset
- Proficient with video editing software, Adobe Suite, Microsoft Office and Google Workspace
- Licenses/Certificates: A valid driver’s license is a requirement for this role
- References and Security Clearance: Employment in this position is conditional upon successful completion of references and a Canadian Criminal Record check
- Demonstrated teamwork skills and ability to collaborate with various stakeholders in the project management process
- Self-motivated and thrives working in a collaborative environment
- Strong time management skills and demonstrated experience with project coordination and managing approval processes
- Attention to detail – must have basic design skills and an eye for aesthetics
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Friendly and outgoing self-starter
- Creative and out-of-the-box thinker
This position is a part of the Canada Summer Jobs Program with funding provided by Service Canada. Candidates must meet the following eligibility requirements to be considered:
- Be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of employment;
- Have a valid Social Insurance Number and be legally entitled to work in Canada according to relevant provincial legislation and regulations;
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or a person on whom refugee protections has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment; and
- International students on a work or study permit are not eligible participants. As the objective of the Canada Summer Jobs program is to support youth entering the Canadian labour market, the temporary nature of an international student’s time in Canada does not allow for a long-term connection to the labour market.
The Multimedia Design Specialist is a full-time temporary position with a start date of June 1, 2021 until approximately September 24, 2021. This wage for this position $25.00 per hour. The hours of work are 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday. Note, due to the nature of the position, some flexibility may be required to accommodate various event times during the academic year including evenings and weekends.
- Office Location: 11762 106 St Room O108, Edmonton, AB T5G 3H4
- Working Conditions: Due to COVID-19, this position will be remote until further notice. The successful candidate must have the ability to work from home and may be requested to transition to working in the office, with notice provided.
For more information about the NAIT Students’ Association please visit our website at www.naitsa.ca
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are interested in this opportunity please apply by completing this online application and uploading PDF versions of your resume and cover letter. As part of your application, please also provide a link to your online portfolio or video samples.
Closing Date: This position will remain open until 4:00 p.m. on May 12, 2021.
You can expect a confirmation email once we have received your application. We appreciate all applications for employment, however, only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted. We look forward to seeing your application!
View this Canada Summer Jobs opportunity on the Job Bank for Youth here.