What is a Clubs Initiator Clerk?
The NAIT Students’ Association operates a Campus Clubs Centre. It’s a team of 3 full-time staff and a part-time Clubs Initiator Clerk that work together to provide student leaders support in their involvement with clubs.
If you’re interested in being a part of this amazing team next year, from August 20th, 2018 to April 18th, 2019, here are four key areas where you will need to focus your attention:
1. Customer Service – A friendly face offering a welcoming atmosphere for student leaders to feel comfortable asking questions.
2. Knowledgeable – Able to assist student leaders through the process of starting up a club and operations.
3. Promotions and Networking Opportunities – Act as a ground force to promote the benefits of club involvement and the opportunity to build your event planning skills by hosting Club Socials.
4. Support the team – Work together! The Club Centre relies on positive energy and support of a Campus Clubs Initiator for overall student success.
The role of supporting student peers is a rewarding experience and an opportunity to build on the following skill sets: Communication, problem solving, public speaking, and event planning.
There is one Clubs Initiator Clerk position available for the 2018-2019 NAIT academic year.
The Clubs Initiator Clerk acts as the point of contact for club leaders looking for support and assistance in addition to supporting full-time staff with administrative duties. They assist clubs with club startup, policy, event planning (e.g. club socials, leadership retreat, etc.)
The Clubs Initiator Clerk is integral to receiving students as they enter the Campus Clubs Centre . This role’s key functions are as follows:
Customer Service and Administrative Support
– Assisting students with questions relating to the club registration process
– Mentoring students on taking a club from an idea to reality
– Supporting club leaders with administrative and OrgSync knowledge
– Processing club cash deposits
– Tracking events for annual statistics, and supporting full-time staff through research requests
– Stamping approved club posters
– Representing the Campus Clubs Centre when full-time staff attend committees or meetings.
– Coordinating two Club Showcases to increase club awareness
– Planning and coordinating two Club Socials to allow club leaders to network in an engaging and fun setting
– Developing promotion strategies for increasing the club program awareness during Orientation intakes
– Contributing to the team implementation of Leadership Retreat activities, and assisting in teambuilding facilitation
– Enrolled as a NAIT student in good standing for the 2018-2019 year
– Friendly, outgoing self-starter with the ability to engage students
– Excellent time management skills
– Knowledge of club policies and procedures
– OrgSync proficiency is an asset to the role
– Must love dogs – the Campus Clubs Centre is a dog-friendly environment.
The posting for the 2018-2019 Clubs Initiator Clerk position was posted on Thursday, March 29th, and will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. We appreciate all applications for employment to the Students’ Association but only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.