Changes to NAITSA fees
In Fall 2014 semester, NAIT unveiled a New Academic Model that offered flexibility and a holistic environment across campus. Under the new model, all students enrolled in credit programming will receive NAITSA benefits and services; fees will be assessed based on course credits and delivery method.
We now assess our fees per credit:
- A full time student (taking 9 credits or more) will be assessed $123.00 per semester
- A part time student (taking less than 9 credits) will be assessed $13.70 per credit Example: If you are enrolled in two 3 credit courses in class you would pay 6 credits x $13.70 = $82.20
- Online and distance courses will be assessed $3.33 per credit. Example: If you are enrolled in a 3 credit course online you would pay 3 credits x $3.33 = $9.99
U-Pass and Health & Dental Benefits
The NAIT Students’ Association offers two mandatory programs to all students. An extended Health & Dental program and Universal Transit Pass (U-PASS) that offers students access to transit in Edmonton, Strathcona County, St. Albert, Fort Saskatchewan, Leduc, and Spruce Grove.
- U-Pass (per fall and winter semester) is $170
- Health Plan fee: $113 per academic year and is charged in two payments of $59.00 per fall and winter semester
- Dental Plan fee: $125 per academic year and is charged in two payments of $69.00 per fall and winter semester
- U-Pass and Health & Dental Benefits are not offered to students enrolled in Spring or Summer classes.
Part time students will now be assessed our Health & Dental and U-PASS programs.
Health & Dental coverage opt out
If you have existing Health & Dental coverage you can opt out in E-131 or online by:
- September 29, 2017 for Fall 2017 intake
- January 26, 2018 for Winter 2018 intake