NAIT Orientation Leaders
NAIT is seeking students as volunteer Orientation Leaders. An opportunity to impact new students and develop new skills.
Orientation Leaders (OLs) defined
As part of the Student Engagement team, Orientation Leaders will work directly with the Orientation Coordinator. As an OL, you will create a welcoming and inclusive community experience, facilitating one orienta-tion presentation for new-to-NAIT students during orientations held on August 30th, 31st and Sept. 1, 2017. OLs will provide orientation to student populations representing their own program of study, will receive a full day of training and the support of an amazing Student Engagement team.
Orientation Leaders …
– Work with diverse populations of various perspectives and experiences
– Co-facilitate one Fall orientation during August 30, 31,or Sept.1, 2017
– Participate in training sessions
– Maintain a positive, flexible, adaptable working style
– Work independently and as a team member
– Public speak—co-facilitating a classroom orientation for 32 to 62 students.
– Be effective communicators with strong interpersonal skills
Students’ survey responses
“I was excited to start classes the next day after I left the orientation”
“The best orientation I’ve experienced. Thank you so much NAIT for the warm welcome.”
Are you interested in joining this exciting team?
You can apply online today at: nait.ca/orientation
NAIT Values: Respect, Collaboration, Celebration, Support, Accountability