Service Coordinator, Food Centre & U-Pass Specialist
The NAIT Students’ Association (NAITSA) is hiring a full-time position to work alongside our team of amazing employees. If you’re interested in working in a fun, student-friendly environment… please read on!
NAITSA provides services, representation and leadership to students enrolled in credit and apprenticeship programs in one of Canada’s largest polytechnic institutions. Our Service Hub is the central location for our specialized service offerings which support student life outside the classroom.
Service Hub staff assist students with Food Centre hampers, Edmonton Food Bank referrals, Universal Transit Pass (U-Pass) program, their student benefit plans, and emergency short-term loans. This coordinator’s role will be twofold, being responsible for the administration of the Food Centre as well as the U-Pass program.
Service Hub staff can also be called on to assist NAIT students in all areas of this centre.
If you’re interested in being a part of this amazing team, there are several key traits you should have before you apply:
Trustworthiness – You possess the ability to keep student information confidential, handle payments with accuracy and consistency, and discuss sensitive student concerns including health, mental health, personal finance, and food hamper assistance.
Interpersonal Skills – You are friendly, patient, a great communicator with all types of personalities and backgrounds, and able to address difficult situations appropriately and with compassion.
Excellent Customer Service – We’re committed to this in the Service Hub, and you should be able to deliver this to students every time.
Administrative Strength – You are computer savvy, not intimidated by large volumes of data, impeccably accurate, and able to keep to deadlines.
Promotion – You can speak positively and effectively to the value of our service offerings, and are comfortable delivering presentations to small groups.
Fun – You should possess the ability to network with all types of people, build productive healthy relationships with colleagues, and laugh at yourself when you make a mistake.
Judgement – You can take a lead role in administrating the U-Pass program and use your good judgement in assessing the eligibility of students for assistance.
The specific responsibilities allocated to this position include, but are not limited to, the items below:
1. Ensuring the integrity and security of personal student information
• Ensure no personal information is ever shared with anyone other than the student you are specifically speaking about. This is not limited to, and may include, NAIT staff, NAIT students, and/or parents.
• Ensure discretion always when engaged in conversation.
2. Responding to inquiries about the Food Centre and U-Pass
• Greet everyone who visits the Service Hub
• Answer questions about all aspects of the Food Centre and U-Pass with the ability to de-escalate client concerns – whether in-person, by phone, or email
• Respond to all phone calls and emails in a timely fashion
3. Maintaining the Food Centre and processing requests
• Receive and sort food donations
• Maintain cleanliness of food storage area in compliance with Alberta Health Services
• Fulfill hamper requests in a timely fashion
• Support student volunteers
• Support student microwave cleaning staff
4. Growth of support initiatives for the Food Centre
• Be excited for the potential of the centre and create campus awareness of the Food Centre in the way of product fundraising events on campus throughout the year
• Believe in the value of this service in enhancing the quality of home life for students in need
• Develop awareness of the Food Centre and U-Pass Program within the NAIT community
• Provide information and support for students who wish to access community resources as needed (e.g. Edmonton Food Bank referrals)
5. Manage the U-Pass Program
• Receive and ensure accuracy of U-Pass inventory
• Ensure the security of U-Pass inventory, including at remote distribution locations
• Verify eligibility of all student exemption requests and process them in a timely fashion
• Work with NAIT staff to support student orientations and start of term events at remote distribution locations across campus
• Hire and support seasonal part time U-Pass distribution staff
• Administrate information sharing of student eligibility, enrolment status, student exemption, and distribution recording
• Complete audit of online opt out requests
• Organize and maintain accurate opt out and exemption tracking
• Reconcile and generate daily, weekly and term distribution documents in preparation of city audit
• Return unused U-Pass upon completion of audit
6. Liaise with NAIT’s ITS department, Cash Office, and Program Offices
• Complete IT documents to support part time distribution staff access to NAIT online services
• Ensure IT support for remote U-Pass distribution locations
• Work with NAIT’s Cash Office regarding student eligibility, student enrollment status, adding/dropping fees from a student account
7. Support NAITSA’s Communications and Engagement Department
• Develop and request marketing materials for poster boards and student handouts
• Provide information for the NAITSA student handbook
• Provide information and deadlines for the NAITSA & NAIT websites including the student portal
• Provide information and request communication via NAITSA social media accounts
• Reporting Relationships
Reports to: Administration Director
Education: Post-secondary diploma or degree. Work equivalency may also be considered, but experience participating in a post-secondary environment is a huge asset to working within it.
Work Experience: Experience in food centres/banks, administration, staff scheduling, coaching, mentoring, leadership, customer service, and office environments would all be valuable assets.
Licenses/Certificates: None required, but valid driver’s license would be an asset to this role.
Security Clearance: Successful candidates must be able to provide a clear Edmonton Police Services records check (cost reimbursed by NAITSA)
Dog-friendly Environment: NAITSA is a dog-friendly environment, but requires dogs to be office suitable and human friendly.
The Service Coordinator, Food Centre and U-Pass Specialist is a full-time position that offers excellent compensation and benefits. The salary range for this position is $3,600.00 to $3,900.00 per month. NAITSA offers medical/dental/vision coverage, life/disability insurance and life options, company matching RRSP, various wellness benefits and an attractive vacation package.
This posting will remain open until 9:00 am on Monday, June 5, 2017.
If you are interested in this opportunity please apply by completing the online application, uploading PDF versions of your resume and cover letter addressed to Leeanne Mills, Administration Director.
We appreciate all applications for employment to the Students’ Association, but only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.