We’re Hiring a Video Editor!
Are you passionate about visual storytelling and video production? Do you love seeing ideas come to life? Do you thrive in a team environment? The NAIT Nugget may be the place for you!
The Nugget is NAIT’s student media source, and we’re looking for a Video Editor who is passionate about digital storytelling and video production. At the Nugget, you’ll get the chance to create videos that tell unique stories, lead Nugget contributors in the creation of their own videos and make a name for the Nugget’s video section.
As the video editor, your main responsibilities include:
- Pitch, plan and create at least one video project a week for TikTok and YouTube
- Write scripts, reach out to interview subjects, talk to students for video projects
- Meet with new contributors, provide resources, and assist in their video process
- Uphold Nugget brand standard in your own videos and videos from contributors
- Edit footage to create branded and engaging videos
- Work closely with the Editor-in-Chief to create final products that match the Nugget’s brand vision
- Go on scene to cover breaking news, campus events, student interactions
This might be the job for you if:
- You’re a video wizard. You will be the lead videographer at the Nugget, so experience with photography and video equipment and editing software is important.
- You like working with others. Collaboration will be important in this role. You will support the other team members, as well as leading your own section, so you need to be comfortable leading projects, making decisions, listening to others, and executing ideas.
- You’re a current NAIT student. The Video Editor is a student part-time term position (January through April 2024), so you need to be enrolled in classes to qualify. The salary for this position is $500 a month.
- You’re organized and reliable. You believe consistency is key, and you have no trouble juggling multiple tasks and deadlines. There are a lot of moving parts to a media machine, so we need someone that can constantly adjust and be flexible.
Why work at the Nugget?
- Comprehensive and ongoing training so you are ready to run your section
- Additional perks for working at NAITSA
- Get your foot in the door in the journalism and media industry
- Access to the Nugget office for studying, working and napping!
- Previous experience as a Nugget contributor is a strong asset
- Excellent videography skills and knowledge of editing platforms are vital to this role
If you’re looking for a way to be more involved on campus, develop your skills in videography, journalism, and leadership, and meet new people, apply now!
You can apply by completing this online application. Expect a confirmation email once we have received your application. While we appreciate all applications for employment, only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted further.
Interested in learning more about the Video section at the Nugget? Check out our TikTok.
We look forward to seeing your application!