We’re Hiring an Online Editor!
Are you someone looking for a place to push past your comfort zone, create community and explore storytelling in the exciting world of news media? The NAIT Nugget may be the place for you!
We are looking for an Online Editor who is passionate about digital media. The Nugget isn’t just a newspaper anymore. As the online lead for the newspaper, you will have a chance to engage with students on meaningful topics and influence conversation on campus.
NOTE: DUE TO COVID-19, WE ARE 100% ONLINE RIGHT NOW.
If you are self-motivated, creative, reliable, and interested in being an influencer of the student voice, please apply. The job can be challenging at times, but it is more than worth it!
Reporting to the Media Operations Manager, this position has the following overall responsibilities:
- Sharing stories on social media platforms.
- Taking responsibility for all content that goes online.
- Engaging online with our audience in an appropriate and responsible way.
NAITSA, as a non-profit organization, provides services, representation, and leadership to students enrolled in credit and apprenticeship programs in one of Canada’s largest polytechnic institutions.
The NAIT Nugget is a student-run newspaper that started in 1964 with the purpose of delivering unique content that is not available from other media sources. Maybe you’re the person who can help us achieve that?
Qualifications / Required Skills / Considerations
If you’re interested in being a part of this team, there are several key skills and attributes you should make sure you review below before you apply:
- Applicants must be a current student enrolled at NAIT.
- Strong command of the English language is a valuable asset.
- Familiarity using popular social media platforms is vital to this role.
- Self-motivated – Help us be better online, we need someone who is able to see what The NAIT Nugget is missing and fill in the gaps.
- Creative – Try new things, we are open and willing to see how we can creatively engage our audience in meaningful ways.
- Reliable – Consistency is important, showing up to weekly meetings is a must for this role.
- Detail Orientated – Finally it is important that you can edit online posts with ease so that we have the best quality work being posted with minimal errors.
- Social media knowledge – Must have a basic understanding of programming social media such as Facebook and Instagram.
The Online Editor is a student part-time term position (January through April 2021) and is an excellent opportunity for students to be formally involved in campus life and makes an excellent addition to a future resume. The salary for this position is $300 per month.
For more information about The NAIT Nugget please visit our website at www.thenuggetonline.com
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply by completing this online application, and uploading PDF versions of your resume and cover letter addressed to: Nicole Murphy, Media Operations Manager. You can expect a confirmation email once we have received your application.
While we appreciate all applications for employment, only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted further.
We look forward to seeing your application!