Ooks Life Promotions Coordinator (2023/24) – NAIT Students’ Association
What is the Ooks Life Team?
Every year, the NAIT Students’ Association (NAITSA) hires a team of students to help plan and promote a variety of events and initiatives for their fellow NAIT students. The Ooks Life team comprises a group of motivated and creative students who work hand-in-hand to create a strong campus culture and bring you the best campus experience yet!
There are seven different positions that make up the Ooks Life Team: Clubs, Clubs Marketing, Student Involvement, Events, Esports, Promotions, and Volunteer. Each position has different responsibilities, but everyone works collaboratively to contribute to Ooks Life’s collective goals and success.
There is one (1) Promotions Coordinator position available for the 2023-2024 NAIT academic year.
Promotions Coordinators promote the Ooks Life brand and NAITSA events to the NAIT community. They create promotion plans to engage with students, encourage event participation, and grow the Ooks Life social media accounts’ followers. It is also the Promotions team’s responsibility to coordinate, facilitate, and execute their assigned promotion plans.
Promotions Coordinators are integral to providing students with a diverse campus life experience. This role has two key functions:
Promotions Planning, Coordination, and Implementation
- Connect with the rest of the Ooks Life team members to support their projects, events, and initiatives
- Brainstorm promotional tactics and ideas to increase student engagement and raise awareness of NAITSA events and initiatives
- Create promotions plans that include budgeting, staffing, logistics, timelines, incentives, etc.
- Execute engaging promotions, including hallway pop-ups, street teams, and create digital/social media content including TikTok videos
- Use unique ideas to create engaging text, image, and video content for social media. Stay up-to-date with social media trends that may be used in future promotions.
- Complete post-promotions analysis to reflect on the strengths, weaknesses, and learning opportunities, which can be referenced for future promotions
Engage with Students
- Interact with NAIT students to inform them about upcoming events and the Ooks Life brand – including @ookslife on social media and ookslife.ca
- Foster relationships with students and encourage them to participate in events and other campus activities.
- Act as an Ooks Life brand ambassador and contribute to a positive campus-life experience for all NAIT studentsActively listen to student feedback and share with the rest of the team to improve the NAIT student experience.
Qualifications and Considerations
- Must be a NAIT student enrolled for the entire 2023-2024 academic year
- Friendly, outgoing, self-motivated, and able to foster positive interactions with a diverse student body
- Excellent communication, organization, and time management skills
- Able to work independently with minimal direction and supervision
- Problem-solver who is willing to take initiative to seek out creative solutions
- Timeliness and dependability to meet deadlines
- Knowledge and interest in social media, with a focus on Instagram and TikTok
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite and Google Workspace applications
- Experience with Canva, TikTok, and Instagram is considered an asset
- Must be able to lift and move up to 25lbs
- Must have a computer with camera and microphone for virtual meetings, training, and working remotely as needed. A smartphone is necessary for other job responsibilities.
Hours of Work
This is a part-time, temporary position until April 2024. Hours of work vary, but there is a minimum and maximum limit of hours you will be expected to work each month. There are limited summer hours, with the majority of this job’s responsibilities occurring during the academic year.
Minimum & Maximum Hours Per Month – Promotions Coordinator
June: 5-10 hours (Training begins)
July: 10-20 hours
August: 30-45 hours
September: 35-40 hours
October: 25-30 hours
November: 15-25 hours
December: 5-10 hours
January: 35-40 hours
February: 20-25 hours
March: 20-25 hours
April: 10-15 hours
April 30, 2024: End of term
Closing Date: This job was posted on May 23, 2023 and will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
NAITSA appreciates all applications for employment, but only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.
You can contact email@example.com for general employment inquiries, or to let us know if you require accommodations or support at any point in the recruitment process.
We look forward to seeing your application!