NAITSA is hiring a Peer Support Coordinator-in-Training!
The NAIT Students’ Association is seeking a Peer Support Coordinator-In-Training for the 2020-2021 academic year! Peer Support is an anonymous and confidential supportive listening service for students.
The Coordinator-in-Training will become “the face” of Peer Support through promotion and leadership and provides direction and oversight for the day-to-day operations of Peer Support. The successful candidate will learn the ropes gradually over the fall term and cross-train with the outgoing Coordinator. A transition to full Coordinator responsibilities is estimated to be around January 2021.
The duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Schedule Peer Support hours based on Peer Supporters’ availability
- Provide peer leadership for Peer Supporters
- Administrative tasks for tracking Peer Supporters’ hours; submitting reports as required
- Tracking and ordering inventory for Peer Support room
- Maintain confidentiality and discretion regarding student issues
- Attend check-ins and meetings as required (1-2 per month)
- Schedule and submit regular feedback for Peer Supporter role plays
- Think creatively about ways to promote the service on campus
- Attend training and workshops as required (some evening and weekends may be required)
- Plan and prepare for the fall training retreat with the Service Hub Manager
- Analyze data for ongoing trends
- Fill in for Peer Supporter shifts if necessary
- Promote Peer Support on campus via event booths
- Coordinate with the Digital Communications Specialist regarding online wellness tips
- Provide and deliver content for online posts
- Other duties as required
Education & Experience
- Must be a NAIT student enrolled in both Fall 2020 & Winter 2021 terms
- Mental Health First Aid would be an asset
- Supervisory and scheduling experience would be an asset
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Ability to remain calm and professional while being empathetic and supportive
- Time management
- High attention to detail and organization skills
- Self-motivated – ability to work independently
- Being accountable for projects and deadlines
This position is a part-time contract position for the 2020/21 academic year, with an anticipated start date in August 2020. This part-time position requires approximately 10-15 hours per week. The hourly wage for this position is $18.00/hour.
Mandatory training retreats will be held on the following weekends:
- September 18 – 20, 2020 (out of town, accommodations, food & transport provided); and
- Oct 3 – 4, 2020 (day training on NAIT Main Campus)
- Please note: Attendance at the mandatory training retreats is a condition of employment for the Peer Support Coordinator-in-Training position. Failure to attend will result in the applicant being ineligible for this position.
For more information about the NAIT Students’ Association please visit our website at www.naitsa.ca
Applications will be accepted until a suitable candidate is found. If you are interested in this opportunity please apply by completing this online application and uploading PDF versions of your resume and cover letter addressed to Megan Brodeur, Service Hub Manager.
You can expect a confirmation email once we have received your application. While we appreciate all applications for employment, only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted further.
We look forward to seeing your application!