The Works International Visual Arts Society presents The Works Art & Design Festival: 13 days of art and design exhibits, special events, music, workshops, and family programming. Attracting artists, designers and visitors from all around the world, this city-wide event boosts the energy and imagination of downtown Edmonton at the start of every summer. Free to the public, The Works strives to create barrier free access to art and design. The festival dates are June 21 to July 3, 2018.
A volunteer is needed to document events leading up to and during the festival. The Works Art & Design Festival consists of many venues, receptions, performances and endless photo opportunities. Responsibilities may include:
– Working with design and Marketing departments to develop a shot list
– Being present at festival events throughout the season to photograph key moments
– Coordinating and scheduling a team of volunteer photographers during the festival
– Properly crediting artwork that appears in photographs
– Managing data: labeling, sorting and transferring files to The Works computers
Candidates must apply with a portfolio.
The expected date range for this internship is March to July, 2018, with .
– Ideal for someone with course work in:
– Some specialized skills required:
– Some experience photographing large groups of people
– Access to a camera
– Ability to delegate and work with a diverse group of people
– Detail oriented
– Friendly and outgoing
– Ability to work in a fast-paced, outdoor festival environment in all weather conditions
Running from April to July, 2018, hours will peak through the festival. The expected time commitment is 80 to 100 hours and students will be compensated with a $1000 bursary. This position is offered through SCiP, a program that connects post secondary students with non-profit organizations. To apply, join SCiP and visit the posting online: https://www.joinscip.ca/internships/1949-photography-intern
The Works also seeks students interested in:
– Stage coordination
– Exhibit production
– Social media
– Volunteer administration
– Artist assistant