The NAIT Students’ Association needs to communicate with the campus community and, believe it or not, posters are still a very useful method to deliver important information to students and staff. That is where the Poster Board Supervisor comes in!
NAITSA is looking for a reliable student to take on this responsibility next academic year (August 2021 through April 2022). If you’re looking for a casual on-campus job, this opportunity might just be for you!
There is one (1) Poster Board Supervisor position available for the 2021-2022 NAIT academic year.
If you’re interested in this role, here are five key areas where you will need to focus your attention:
- Reliable. It’s critical that you be someone our communications department can count on.
- Attentive to Detail. You should be able to assess whether posters are expired, out of place, or not approved and take them down.
- Focused. You should have the ability to prioritize multiple demands for yourself and others.
- Organized. Good time management and organizational skills are a big asset in this role.
- Physical requirements. With over 100 boards on campus there are a lot of steps required every week, so you should be able to walk long distances comfortably (or be committed to building up to it!)
The role allows some flexibility in scheduling as NAITSA is sometimes able to work around student staff class schedules.
What Makes This The Perfect Job For You?
Some of the benefits of the job include…
- Good exercise (if you’re a step-counter, this is a great gig)
- Being the first to find out about advertised events
- Earning money without having to leave campus
- Strengthen your resume for the future (employers love graduates who were involved while they attended school)
The Poster Board Supervisor is responsible for maintaining the tidiness of NAITSA’s poster boards and putting up and taking down posters around campus. The Supervisor remains familiar with NAITSA’s Poster Policy and removes expired items and postings in violation. The successful candidate may also need to move some postings around to keep the boards looking tidy and presentable.
- Enrolled as a NAIT student in good standing for the entire 2021-2022 academic year
- Reliable, attentive to detail, focused and organized
Hours of Work
The hours for this position will vary and may increase if COVID-19 restrictions are eased and on-campus activity resumes. The hours of work may be about 4-5 hours every couple weeks, but may increase to 4-5 hours per week. Work hours for this position will be scheduled around the successful candidate’s academic schedule.
The posting for the 2021-2022 Poster Board Supervisor position will be open until a suitable candidate is found, but we hope to find someone by the middle of May 2021. We appreciate all applications for employment to the Students’ Association but only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.