We’re Hiring NAITSA Service Hub Assistants!
Do you thrive in a busy environment? Are you passionate about customer service? Want a sweet campus job where you work with a fun team? You may be right for the Service Hub Assistant position!
Reporting to the Service Hub Manager, this position has the following overall responsibilities:
Reception desk coverage:
– Welcoming students and staff to NAITSA
– Answering and directing phone calls
– Processing ticket sales
– Cash handling and end of day balancing
– Giving directions and referrals to other areas on campus
Service Hub coverage:
– Answering Health, Dental & MyWellness coverage questions and opt out deadline information
– Promoting the opt out deadline at awareness booths
– Explaining how our mandatory fees (NAITSA, U-Pass, Health and Dental) trigger
– Providing eligible students with their U-Pass stickers
– Promoting mental health awareness at event booths
– Hosting the Healthy Start Breakfast once monthly
– Assist with creating and handing out Food Centre hampers
NAITSA, as a non-profit organization, provides services, representation and leadership to students enrolled in credit and apprenticeship programs in one of Canada’s largest polytechnic institutions. Our Service Hub offers a wide variety of services to help make life as a student a little easier. Maybe you’re the person who can help us achieve that?
Qualifications / Required Skills / Considerations
If you’re interested in being a part of this awesome team, there are several key skills and attributes you should make sure you review below before you apply:
– High School Diploma
– Minimum 2 years’ customer service experience
– Minimum 2 years’ cash handling experience
– Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
– Excellent customer service
– Attention to detail
– Ability to take the initiative to find out answers and go the extra mile
– Great communication between staff and students
– Ability to prioritize demands
– Willingness to help out in other areas if needed
– Attending shifts punctually and reliably
– Friendly and welcoming people person
– Current or former NAIT student
– Retail experience
– Mental Health First Aid
– Toastmasters International experience
The Service Hub Assistant is a part time seasonal position (August to April). More hours are required at the beginning of each term and then decrease as the term settles in. Most of the hours would be over the busy lunch hour, between 1 and 4 hours per day, but hours can be flexible around a student’s schedule. Please be aware that occasional exposure to very friendly dogs is likely in the NAITSA office.
This posting opened on February 7th and will close on Mar 15th or until the positions are filled.
If you are interested in this opportunity please apply by completing this online application, and uploading PDF versions of your resume and cover letter addressed to Megan Brodeur, Service Hub Manager.
You can expect a confirmation email once we have received your application. While we appreciate all applications for employment, only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.
We look forward to seeing your application!