We’re Hiring NAITSA Service Hub Assistants!
Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment? Are you passionate about customer service? Want an awesome campus job where you work with a fun team? You may be right for the Service Hub Assistant position!
Reporting to the Service Hub Manager, this position has the following overall responsibilities:
- Reception desk coverage:
- Welcoming people to NAITSA
- Answering and directing phone calls
- Giving directions and referrals to other areas on campus
- Assisting with general office reception duties
- Service Hub coverage:
- Processing ticket sales
- Cash handling and end of day balancing
- Answering Health, Dental & MyWellness coverage questions and opt out deadline information
- Promoting the opt out deadline at awareness booths
- Explaining how our mandatory fees (NAITSA, U-Pass, Health and Dental) trigger
- Providing eligible students with their U-Pass stickers
- Promoting mental health awareness at event booths
- Hosting the Healthy Start Breakfast once monthly
- Assist with creating and handing out Food Centre hampers
NAITSA, as a non-profit organization, provides services, representation and leadership to students enrolled in credit and apprenticeship programs in one of Canada’s largest polytechnic institutions. Our Service Hub offers a wide variety of services to help make life as a student a little easier. Maybe you’re the person who can help us achieve that?
Qualifications / Required Skills / Considerations
If you’re interested in being a part of this great team, there are several key skills and attributes you should make sure you review below before you apply:
- High School Diploma
- Minimum 2 years’ customer service experience
- Minimum 2 years’ cash handling experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent customer service skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to take initiative to find out answers and go the extra mile
- Great communication with staff and students
- Ability to prioritize demands
- Willingness to help out in other areas if needed
- Attending shifts with the utmost regard for punctuality and reliability
- Friendly and welcoming people-person
- Current NAIT students
- Retail experience
- Mental Health First Aid
- Toastmasters International experience
The Service Hub Assistant is a part-time seasonal position from August 2020 – April 2021. More hours are required at the beginning of each term and then decrease as the term settles in. Please be aware that occasional exposure to very friendly dogs is likely in the NAITSA office.
For more information about the NAIT Students’ Association please visit our website at www.naitsa.ca
Applications will be accepted until suitable candidates have been selected for the available positions.
If you are interested in this opportunity please apply by completing this online application and uploading PDF versions of your resume and cover letter addressed to Megan Brodeur, Service Hub Manager.
You can expect a confirmation email once we have received your application. While we appreciate all applications for employment, only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.
We look forward to seeing your application!