Students that can request a fee exemption from U-Pass:
Students with a valid staff card from Edmonton Transit, Strathcona County Transit or St. Albert Transit
DATS / SCAT / HANDIBUS
Students who have a valid DATS/SCAT or St. Albert Handibus registration card. However, ETS will accept the U-Pass on DATS, therefore you may wish to keep the pass in that case.
Students who are double enrolled at NAIT and another U-Pass partner school (University of Alberta, MacEwan University, and NorQuest College)
– You are on your practicum 8 weeks or longer during the U-Pass term assessment dates.
– Your practicum location is outside the service area of the City of Edmonton, Strathcona County, St.Albert, Leduc, Spruce Grove, and Fort Saskatchewan.
– Your class begins prior to the term deadline:
– Fall 2019: September 27, 2019
– Winter 2020: January 31, 2020
– Separate applications must b e submitted for each individual term. In order to submit your request, you must upload a letter from your program office indicating student name, NAIT One Card, dates and the city of placement.
- Fall 2019 – (Term 1191): September 27, 2019
- Winter 2020 – (Term 1192): January 31, 2020
There are no exceptions for missing the deadline.
If you are eligible and submitting an exemption application – do not pay the U-Pass fee. The fee will be removed prior to the deadline for that term.
NOTE: NAITSA will begin processing opt-out requests on July 15th, 2019.