The NAIT Students’ Association (NAITSA) is looking to hire a full-time Social Media Marketing Specialist to work alongside our team of amazing employees. If you’re interested in working in a fun, student-friendly environment… read on!
NAIT students are some of the hardest working students around, hands down. They juggle their busy personal lives, rigorous & compressed academic schedules, and try to stay on top of what’s happening on campus. This presents a major opportunity for us at the Students’ Association – the people responsible for keeping students informed.
We are looking for a self-motivated individual who will bring all their marketing, promotions and e-media expertise (and creative genius) to the table to let students know… what they need and want to know about the happenings around the community! With your social media experience, you will work as part of the talented Communications team to plan and execute promotions that are integrated seamlessly across all of NAITSA’s departments.
The opportunity at a high level:
The Social Media Marketing Specialist will be responsible for the NAIT Students’ Association’s social media platforms, developing the organization’s online voice and social media presence. In addition to writing, editing, and proofreading site content, this person will work closely with the web and graphics team to maintain site standards with regards to new development. The role will collaborate with other NAITSA departments too, working with, and empowering them, to engage in their own social media feeds. The ideal candidate will also have experience with online and in-person marketing initiatives, and it’s definitely an asset to have an understanding of the post-secondary environment. Success in this role will require a strong attention to detail and the ability to keep up with the fast-moving world of social media.
NAITSA, as a non-profit organization, provides services, representation and leadership to students enrolled in credit and apprenticeship programs in one of Canada’s largest polytechnic institutions, the Northern Alberta Institute of Technology (NAIT). Our Communications Department is the hub at the centre everything we do, so students count on us to keep them informed. Maybe you’re the person who can help us achieve that?
What you will be doing:
Reporting to the Communications Director, the main responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Utilize social media planning tools; maintain an organized and up-to-date content calendar
- Maintain an active presence on campus to capture original content and promote various happenings on campus through various social media platforms
- Monitor and maintain NAIT Students’ Association social media accounts
- Write and edit online content across multiple social media platforms
- Audit social media content, ensure consistent branding and identify areas for improvement
- Report on social media analytics
- Keep current with emerging web technologies, social media platforms, trends and best practices. You will have our full support and mentorship to learn and grow in this role!
- Work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to support their social media marketing initiatives
- Responsive to the promotional needs of stakeholders and able to identify opportunities to inform students through content creation
- Ad hoc projects and other duties as required
Required Skills / Considerations:
If you’re interested in being a part of this team, there are several key skills and attributes you should make sure you review before you apply:
- Extensive knowledge of social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, and LinkedIn
- Experience in Later, or other similar data-driven platforms
- Adequate Adobe Creative Suite skills (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) and/or experience with other online graphic design tools (i.e., Canva)
- Photography and/or video skills are a strong asset
- Excellent copywriting and editing skills; demonstrated ability to write engaging content that will capture the attention of the intended audience
- Self-motivated and able to manage multiple projects in a deadline-sensitive environment
- Possesses creative energy and passion for outreach promotions and student engagement
- Proven ability to work effectively within a cross-departmental team
- Previous work experience managing content and production for high-traffic websites
- Exceptional organizational and communication (social, oral, and written) skills
- Respect for the diverse NAIT community in which we study and work
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in marketing, communications, or a related field. Equivalent work experience may be considered, but experience participating in a post-secondary environment is a huge asset to working within it.
- At least one (1) year of work experience in a social media/ marketing role. You are able to demonstrate your experience through an online portfolio.
- Licenses/Certificates: A valid driver’s license is an asset for this role.
- Flexible schedule: Hours may vary from a typical office schedule, due to activities/events happening at different times throughout the academic year.
- References and Security Clearance: Employment in this position is conditional upon successful completion of references and a Canadian Criminal Record check
- Must be legally authorized to work in Canada
What we offer:
- Full-time, permanent role, 37.5 hours per week
- Salary range: $45,000 – $50,000 annually
- Paid time off package that includes vacation, personal days, 3 summer Fridays, Fall Break, and two-weeks off at the end of December
- Full benefits after 3 months including Health, Dental, Vision & Drug, Healthcare Spending Account, and Personal Wellness Spending Account
- Employer RRSP matching program
- Paid parking or transit
- Fun staff events and the opportunity to work on a fun and vibrant post-secondary campus
- Please be aware that the NAITSA office is pet-friendly, with dogs certified through MacEwan’s Pets Assisting with Student Success (PAWSS) program
NAITSA is an equal-opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging in all we do. To ensure our recruitment efforts reflect that, we wish to remind candidates that accommodations are available upon request at any stage of the selection process. Please let us know by contacting email@example.com
How to apply:
If you are interested in this opportunity please apply by completing the online application, and uploading PDF versions of your resume and cover letter addressed to Jenny Lau, Communications Director. Let us know in a few sentences what interests you about this role and be sure to include your online portfolio when you apply.
You can expect a confirmation email once we have received your application. We appreciate all applications for employment, however, only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.
For more information about the NAIT Students’ Association please visit our website and check out our socials @naitstudents
Closing date: This position was posted on March 14, 2023 and will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
We look forward to seeing your application!