Student Volunteer Opportunity for the 2019/20 Academic Year!
The NAIT Students’ Association (NAITSA) is currently looking for three (3) Student Representatives to be part of the NAIT Academic Council. This is an exciting opportunity for students who are looking to get involved in a high-level capacity in the administration of NAIT’s academic direction. If you would appreciate this opportunity to give valid and informed feedback about the programs offered at NAIT, please read on!
Qualifications to Apply
Student appointees to NAIT’s Academic Council must have the following qualities:
-Enrolled as a student in good standing for the entire (fall & winter) 2019/20 school year;
-Friendly and outgoing
-Leadership experience would be an asset
-Must be available to attend scheduled meetings
Meetings take place on Monday afternoons, from 2:00 to 4:00 p.m.
-September 9th (training)
-September 16th, 2019
-November 18th, 2019
-February 3rd, 2020
-March 23rd, 2020
-April 20th, 2020
This is a volunteer opportunity, but it comes with some intangible benefits that you may find to be extremely valuable to your future and professional growth:
– You will aquire leadership experience in this role, by working with a team of people who are addressing Academic Policy related to student admissions, courses and programs, academic awards, and other academic matters.
– You will receive co-curricular credit for the experience which will appear on your non-academic transcript.
– You will feel a strong sense of engagement in the inner workings of your institution, and learn a lot about how NAIT functions academically and how boards conduct their business.
Role of Academic Council
NAIT’s Academic Council makes recommendations to the Board of Governors about academic policy related to student admissions, courses and programs, academic awards, and other academic matters. Committees of Academic Council include the Honorary Degree Committee, the Instructional Excellence Award Committee, the Faculty Emeritus Committee and the Campus Community Committee.
The primary role of Academic Council is to inform academic decisions and make recommendations to the NAIT Board of Governors. These decisions fall into three categories:
1. Any matter that the Board refers to Academic Council
2. Academic policy relating to the selection and admission of students, courses/programs of study, and academic awards
3. Any other matter Academic Council considers advisable within its mandate
How To Apply
If you are interested in being part of an amazing team of students (including the NAITSA Executive Council) to represent the needs of your fellow students, please submit a PDF version of your cover letter addressed to NAITSA Vice President Academic with the following information included:
– Your program of study
– Your student ID#
– Your name
– A description of how you best meet the qualifications listed above
– Why you are interested in this opportunity
Applications will be accepted until April 30th, 2019, at 4:00 p.m. (MST.)
Our goal is to form a team of students from a diverse cross-section of the campus to best represent the student body on Academic Council. While we appreciate every applicant who shows interest in this opportunity, only those considered for the position will be contacted. You can expect to receive an email once your application has been received.