We’re Hiring U-Pass Clerks!
NAITSA is excited to invite you to apply for a U-Pass clerk position! Are you a NAIT student with an outgoing, friendly, and detailed oriented personality? If yes, then this opportunity might be the one you are looking for.
U-Pass clerks are responsible for providing outstanding customer service to NAIT students and are accountable to provide accurate information regarding the U-Pass program. U-Pass Clerks should be familiar with the NAIT campus, feel comfortable using administrative software, and perform repetitive tasks with high accuracy. Having the ability to follow the procedures while assisting students is a must.
Reporting to the U-Pass Coordinator, this position has the following overall responsibilities:
– Distributing seasonal U-Pass stickers to eligible NAIT students
– Informing students of the policies regarding U-Pass mandatory fees
– Properly recording information in PeopleSoft software
– Following instructions and procedures in the U-Pass manual
– Providing great customer service.
– Answering general campus questions
– Maintaining security of the U-Pass
– Maintaining confidentiality
NAITSA, as a non-profit organization, provides services, representation and leadership to students enrolled in credit and apprenticeship programs in one of Canada’s largest polytechnic institutions. The NAITSA Service Hub provides students with services to help make student life a little bit easier. These services include the U-Pass, Food Centre, Health and Dental Plan, as well as the Emergency Short Term Loan Program. Maybe you’re the person who would like to join our great customer service team?
Qualifications / Required Skills / Considerations
If you’re interested in being a part of this team, there are several key skills and attributes you should make sure you review below before you apply:
– Current NAIT student
– Minimum 2 years’ Cash handling experience
– Minimum 2 years’ customer service experience
– High attention to detail, incredible accuracy
– Ability to work independently
– Reliability to attend shifts
– Great communication between staff and students
– Experience assisting a diverse group of people
– Experience working on campus
– Data entry experience would be an asset
– Experience handling large volumes of data would be an asset
The U-Pass Clerk role is a part-time, temporary position where you will be employed from August-September 2019, and December 2019 to January 2020. The salary for this position is $18 per hour. Having a flexible schedule is preferred since shifts are scheduled between 7:45 am-6:00 pm.
This job posting opened on February 25th and will close on March 22nd or until the positions are filled. If you are interested in this opportunity please apply by completing this online application, and uploading PDF versions of your resume and cover letter addressed to Megan Brodeur, Service Hub Manager at NAITSA.
You can expect a confirmation email once we have received your application. While we appreciate all applications for employment, only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted further.
We look forward to seeing your application!