NAITSA U-Pass Practicum Student Fee Exemption
You are eligible for an exemption to your U-Pass fee if you meet all of the following criteria:
- You are on your practicum 8 weeks or longer during the U-Pass term assessment dates:
– Fall Term 1181 ( September 1, 2018 – December 31, 2018 ) – Deadline to request your exemption is September 28, 2018.
– Winter Term 1182 ( January 1, 2019 – April 30, 2019 ) – Deadline to request your exemption is January 25, 2019.
- Your practicum location is outside the service area of the City of Edmonton, Strathcona County, St.Albert, Leduc, Spruce Grove, and Fort Saskatchewan.
- Your class begins prior to the term deadline:
– Fall Term 1181: September 28, 2018
– Winter Term 1182: January 25, 2019
Separate applications must be submitted for each individual term. There are no exceptions for missing the deadline. If you are eligible and submitting an exemption application – do not pay the U-Pass fee. The fee will be removed prior to the deadline for that term.
In order to submit your request, you must upload a letter from your program office indicating student name, NAIT One Card, dates and the city of placement. You will receive an email from NAITSA confirming your application submission was successful. Please keep this email until the end of the term. You will receive a second email letting you know whether you have qualified for a fee exemption.
Form available on July 3rd, 2018.