We’re Hiring a Video Producer!
Are you someone looking for a place to push past your comfort zone, create community and explore storytelling in the exciting world of news media? If so, The NAIT Nugget may be the place for you!
We are looking for a Video Producer who is passionate about visual storytelling. The Nugget isn’t just a newspaper anymore. As the video editor for the newspaper, you will have a chance to engage with students on meaningful topics and influence the conversation on campus.
NOTE: DUE TO COVID-19, WE ARE 100% ONLINE RIGHT NOW.
If you are self-motivated, creative, reliable, and interested in being an influencer of the student voice, please apply. The job can be challenging at times, but it is more than worth it!
Reporting to the Media Operations Manager, this position has the following overall responsibilities:
- Planning, executing, and editing videos for online publication.
- Working with other editors to find videos that fit each section.
- Quality checking videos before they go online.
NAITSA, as a non-profit organization, provides services, representation, and leadership to students enrolled in credit and apprenticeship programs in one of Canada’s largest polytechnic institutions.
The NAIT Nugget is a student-run newspaper that started in 1964 with the purpose of delivering unique content that is not available from other media sources. Maybe you’re the person who can help us achieve that?
- Applicants must be a current student enrolled at NAIT.
- Strong command of the English language is a valuable asset.
- Familiarity using popular social media platforms is vital to this role.
- Self-motivated – Be passionate about online content, to help us be better visually and make the Nugget even more engaging online.
- Creative – Try new things, because we are open to see how we can creatively engage our audience in meaningful ways.
- Reliable – Be consistent; there are mandatory editor meetings to promote communication and content quality.
- Organized – Have great time management skills; there are lots of moving pieces to this media machine and were looking for a good fit.
- Personable – Interacting with a lot of people is a big part of this job.
The Video Editor is a student part-time term position (January through April 2021) and is an excellent opportunity for students to be formally involved in campus life and makes an excellent addition to a future resume. The salary for this position is $500 per month.
For more information about The NAIT Nugget please visit our website at www.thenuggetonline.com
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply by completing this online application, and uploading PDF versions of your resume and cover letter addressed to: Nicole Murphy, Media Operations Manager. You can expect a confirmation email once we have received your application.
While we appreciate all applications for employment, only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted further.
We look forward to seeing your application!