The NAIT Students’ Association (NAITSA) is looking for a full-time Digital Communications Specialist to work alongside our team of amazing employees. If you’re interested in working in a fun, student-friendly environment… read on!
NAIT has the hardest working students in the country. Hands down.
They juggle their busy personal lives, rigorous & compressed academic schedules, and try to stay on top of what’s happening on campus. This presents a major challenge for us, the people responsible for keeping them informed.
We need someone who will bring all their marketing, promotions and e-media expertise (and creative genius) to the table to let students know… what they NEED to know and WANT to know! This person will be a vital member of the communications team, planning and executing promotions that are integrated seamlessly all of NAITSA’s various departments.
The Digital Communications Specialist will be responsible for all of NAITSA’s social media platforms, developing the voice for aspects of the organization’s online social media presence. In addition to writing, editing, and proofreading site content, this person will work closely with the web and graphics team to maintain site standards with regard to new development. The role will work closely with other NAITSA departments too, working with, and empowering them, to engage in their own social media feeds. The ideal candidate will also have experience managing online marketing and have an understanding of our organization and school. Tasks require a strong attention to detail and ability to work in a fast paced environment.
NAITSA, as a non-profit organization, provides services, representation and leadership to students enrolled in credit and apprenticeship programs in one of Canada’s largest polytechnic institutions. Our Communications Department is the hub at the centre everything we do, so students count on us to keep them informed. Maybe you’re the person who can help us achieve that?
If you’re interested in being a part of this team, there are several key skills and attributes you should make sure you have before you apply:
– Extensive knowledge of social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and LinkedIn
– Experience in Hootsuite, or other similar data-driven platforms
– Adequate Adobe Creative Suite skills (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
– Excellent copywriting and editing skills to write content for the organization
– Experience with popular content management systems (WordPress, etc.)
– Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
– Proven ability to build consensus and work effectively within a cross-departmental team experience managing content and production for high traffic websites
– Exceptional organizational and communication skills
– Strong attention to detail
– Passion, integrity and energy!
Reporting to the Communications Manager, the main responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the items below:
– Monitor and maintain all Social Media channels
– Write and edit content across multiple platforms
– Maintain a consistent tone and feel throughout all communication properties
– Maintain and update content on our web media
– Keep current with emerging web technologies and social trends
– Work cooperatively with key team members and other departments
– Work hours must be flexible as there are a wide range of different activities throughout the year
– Education: Post-secondary diploma or degree, preferably in a related field. Equivalent work experience may be considered, but experience participating in a post-secondary environment is a huge asset to working within it.
– Experience: Marketing/promotion is vital to the role. Experience in project planning, leadership, coaching/mentoring, and office environments would all be valuable assets. Experience managing online marketing is vital to the success of the role.
– Licenses/Certificates: A valid driver’s license is an asset for this role.
– Flexible schedule: Hours may vary with activities occasionally happening at different times throughout the school year.
– Security Clearance: Upon acceptance of a job offer, successful candidates will be subject to a Police Information Check through the Edmonton Police Service. Careful consideration will be given to the recency, relevancy and seriousness of the information disclosed.
The Digital Communications Specialist is a full-time position. NAITSA offers excellent compensation and benefits. The salary range for this position is $3,600.00 to $3,900.00 per month. NAITSA offers medical/dental/vision coverage, company matching RRSP, various wellness benefits and an attractive vacation package. Please be aware that occasional exposure to very friendly dogs is likely in the NAITSA office. (*Life insurance and Long-Term Disability would be added should the position convert to permanent status.)
This is position will remain open until June 30, 2019.
If you are interested in this opportunity please apply by completing this online application, and uploading PDF versions of your resume and cover letter addressed to Jenny Lau, Communications Director.
You can expect a confirmation email once we have received your application. While we appreciate all applications for employment, only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted further.