The NAIT Students’ Association (NAITSA) is a non-profit organization, dedicated to enhancing the NAIT student experience by advocating for their rights, representing their voice, creating a culture of engagement and leadership, while providing student-driven services. We are growing and looking to support this growth by adding a Junior Graphic Designer to our creative team. If you’re an energetic, self-motivated individual with a keen eye for design and a portfolio to support it, we’d love to hear from you.
Reporting to the Senior Graphic Designer, the Junior Graphic Designer will have the opportunity to hone their design skills in a variety of areas. These include (but are not limited to) brand management, advertising, publication, environmental and information design.
– Design a variety of student-targeted materials (both print and digital): posters, banners, handbooks, flyers, web banners, social media, branded products and more
– Work with various internal staff to develop marketing/promotional strategies to meet their goals
– Help establish and apply the NAIT Students’ Association brand standards across all marketing materials
– Take design direction and work in a collaborative environment
– Maintain, organize and update archives of projects on group servers
– Post-secondary diploma or degree in Graphic Design or related field
– Proven design capabilities as demonstrated through a portfolio
– Reasonable skill with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign)
– Time management for a deadline-sensitive environment
– Ability to multitask, managing several projects simultaneously
– Exceptional communication, organizational skills and strong attention to detail
– Excellent written and verbal skills in English
– Photography and/or video editing skills would be an asset
– Working knowledge of print processes and basic web design standards would be an asset
This is a permanent part-time position that works 3 days (25 hours) a week, with a salary range of $20 to $25/hour. Please be aware that occasional exposure to very friendly dogs is likely in the NAITSA office.
This posting will remain open until 11:59 pm on June 30, 2019.
If you are interested in this opportunity please apply by completing this online application. A resume and cover letter addressed to Jenny Lau, Communications Director, as well as your design portfolio is required (all in PDF format).
You can expect a confirmation email once we have received your application. While we appreciate all applications for employment, only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted further.